What's Your Fuel Mileage?
1999 V70 XC Canadian car with 354,555 km. I have been working extensively on it to catch up on maintenance and return to stage 0.
MY Combination city/highway mileage is coming in at 13.4L/100km (+/- 21 MPG) driving it real easy.
My son's 1998 V70R is averaging 11.6L/100km.
My three previous R ' s ('04, '05, '07 all 6spd) all averaged 11.5 to 12.5L/100. Newer yes, but way more power and usually drove them way harder.
Compression tested 13 to 14 bar (yes, I know, seems high but old gauge of very good quality from my dad, I think) across all cylinders and head gasket / valves were done 100,000 Km ago.
Recent work completed:
- PVC system complete with sump off to clean out PCV drain plus change sump o - rings
- Timing belt and water pump
- Air filter
- Fuel filter
- Spark plugs
- Cleaned ETM throttle body
- New used turbo (way less km! )
- New pre and post O2 sensors
- New welded in catalytic converter
- New used rear exhaust assembly (no holes!)
- Exhaust manifold off for a few helicoil inserts and new gaskets
- Re-welded downpipe flange
- Cleaned MAF
I am reluctant to change out any more parts (what's left other than MAF and ETM?) plus I am NOT GETTING ANY CODES and runs pretty good. Just seems very thirsty...
What is the mileage you are getting in either MPG or L/100?
Any ideas or suggestions or is this as good as I am going to see?
Last edited by mctee; 11-28-2014 at 09:57 PM.