Please could someone give me some help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 05:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please could someone give me some help.

Hi all, hope your well.

I need some info if someone could give. I recently sold a volvo v70 2001 plate, all was in good working order. Engine was good & had no know faults or any warnings other than was was mentioned in the advert.
The buyer came saying that he likes volvo v70s and wanted to buy mine to export to germany. The way he checked the car over, he seemed to know about volvos. There was intermittant issue with the central locking on the passenger side ( my mechanic suggested that its most likely the centrl locking ecu that either needs changing or resetting)
This buyer said that he has noticed that the sterio/heater control has been taken out and that if the wires have been moved, it can cause the passenger doors not to lock & unlock properly. So he decided to take the heater control out and started unplugging and plugging the connectors. This did nothing. After he started the car again, i noticed the airbag warning light was on. I didnt say anything because i thought he knew what he was doing & i also had the money in my pocked , which i took off him when he took the car for a test drive.
The buyer was happy and drove the car away. Also to mention, there was no tax on the car, which he was aware of.
The next day I had 2 missed calls, 1 in uk & the other from germany. His wife left a message saying that the engine exploded!
I work nights & have my phone on silent. The buyer left me a message saying that he has taken the car to halfords in kent via aa and he has had a diagnostic test done. He says that it came back with "oil pessure warning" has been on for 3 weeks? Car has been stood for afew months but was driven to mot station a week before listing. There were no oil warning messages displayed on the car in my ownership and also when the buyer took it for a test drive.
I find it very unusual that i had problem free ownership and just as soon as 24 hrs or so under new ownership there has been this issue.
When tbe guy took off the connectors for the heater control, the airbag warning light came on, can this cause any other error codes. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Last edited by Ozali1986; 06-18-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

It is fairly well documented on Volvo Boards that removing the HVAC control head without disconnecting the battery will turn the SRS (airbag) light on. I can't see it causing something like an oil pressure warning message.

What do they want from you?
I would hope that you did not imply any kind of warranty and that the bill of sale (or UK version of) states as is where is.

The entire process makes me think that some kind of scam is going on. Sounds like you are in the UK which would make the car a right hand drive (?) that someone wants to take to Germany (left hand drive) but the engine has now blown up and they are calling you about it.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi & thanks for the reply. I had the car advertised on ebay. No warranty and was sold as seen. It is a big scam, because the car engine wss perfect. I kind of thought that something wasnt too right when the buyer came to view the car in a top spec range rover sport worth £30k to buy a £500 car to drive to germany, who also said "il let you know if it gets me there". I think i would have spent afew grqnd on something which i would feel would drive me to europe without any issues.

Ive also found that he has bought another v70 through ebay in apri 2013. This was in exact colour as the one he bought from me. Putting everything together, i think he has some other issue and is lookinv for some simple person to get some money off.