Advice: Should I buy

Old 02-25-2017, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Advice: Should I buy

Hi, I hope I post in the good section, feel free to let me know.

Arrived from France to Quebec 4 months ago, my wife has found a job where she will have to travel once or twice a week.

Our electric Nissan leaf is very good, spares lots of fuel for my daily commute, but is a strong driver when we have to decide where to go on holiday......

So a good comfy wagon for her business travels, the holidays with 2 kids, long week ends in Boston or going to a bike ride with my fellows is our choice.

And when it comes to comfy wagon, it comes to Volvo wagon!

We drove this morning this car: http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Volvo/XC7...&orup=10_15_10

and fell in love....

Fuel economy is no big deal as it will not drive that much (max 15 000 km 10000 miles a year), every function works fine, seats leather is really good for this age.
Equipment is quite complete, only missing ventilated seats and automated cruise control.

It's affordable to us, but putting 21 grants in a 115 000 km 73000 mi car is quite new to me. I've always bought nearly new discounted cars with manufacturer warranty, here it's different.

Rust under the hood is present, but it's Quebec and it's salty roads 5 months a year.

1st gear start up was a little bit nervous, not shaking but not as smooth as I would like.

So my question is, before taking it to the inspection and checking all maintenance bills: As I put reliability on the top of my requests for a car, is this 2012 3,2 XC70 a good deal that should last 8 years / 100 000 km with no big trouble or are there known issues that should drive me to look for another model?

And what about this one, given the fact I don't need that much power....

2010 Volvo XC70 * Seule Et Unique Sur Le Marché * T6 * Level III * - Blainville $19,900 | autoTRADER.ca
It has ACC and ventilated seats.
Will the real fuel economy be really worse?
Is the T6 engine as reliable as 3.2 6L?

Thanks for reading, and please answer with dispassionate arguments

Old 03-27-2017, 03:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink Used but not Abused...

Originally Posted by rpm92109
Hi, I hope I post in the good section, feel free to let me know.

Arrived from France to Quebec 4 months ago, my wife has found a job where she will have to travel once or twice a week.

Our electric Nissan leaf is very good, spares lots of fuel for my daily commute, but is a strong driver when we have to decide where to go on holiday......

So a good comfy wagon for her business travels, the holidays with 2 kids, long week ends in Boston or going to a bike ride with my fellows is our choice.

And when it comes to comfy wagon, it comes to Volvo wagon!

We drove this morning this car: 2012 Volvo XC70 3.2 AWD, CUIR, TOIT, FAMILIALE - Sherbrooke $21,995 | autoTRADER.ca

and fell in love....

Fuel economy is no big deal as it will not drive that much (max 15 000 km 10000 miles a year), every function works fine, seats leather is really good for this age.
Equipment is quite complete, only missing ventilated seats and automated cruise control.

It's affordable to us, but putting 21 grants in a 115 000 km 73000 mi car is quite new to me. I've always bought nearly new discounted cars with manufacturer warranty, here it's different.

Rust under the hood is present, but it's Quebec and it's salty roads 5 months a year.

1st gear start up was a little bit nervous, not shaking but not as smooth as I would like.

So my question is, before taking it to the inspection and checking all maintenance bills: As I put reliability on the top of my requests for a car, is this 2012 3,2 XC70 a good deal that should last 8 years / 100 000 km with no big trouble or are there known issues that should drive me to look for another model?

And what about this one, given the fact I don't need that much power....

2010 Volvo XC70 * Seule Et Unique Sur Le Marché * T6 * Level III * - Blainville $19,900 | autoTRADER.ca
It has ACC and ventilated seats.
Will the real fuel economy be really worse?
Is the T6 engine as reliable as 3.2 6L?

Thanks for reading, and please answer with dispassionate arguments
I recommend you look with the most favor on used Volvo for which you can obtain honest and complete service records.

Also consider having a read through the posts on Volvoxc.com to learn more about the + and - of the XC cars. This is a good forum but there is more XC detail there.