Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Connect ipod to head unit

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connect ipod to head unit

Does anyone know a good adapter for listening to songs from Apple devices in the car? I know that there are special car adapters for this. Can you suggest any? I was googling and the best reviews for connecting Apple devices has car adapter AUX Link. But before purchasing it I'd like to get some more information...Is someone using it? What's your opinion? Any other solutions?

Old 04-04-2014, 03:37 PM

I bought AUX Link car adapter almost two years ago. Really satisfied. Great sound, no technical problems so far. Had to spend more time than I was planning to install it, but finally it worked out well (I did the installation myself, but at any specialized workshop you can have it done in no time). I was buying here AUX Car Kits. It's official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free shipping worldwide. As for advantages of AUX Link, it can be also used as a charger and a Bluetooth hands-free car kit. Apart form this you can control the music using the buttons on the steering wheel or on the car acoustics system. Highly recommended.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:53 PM

Thanks for your suggestion! I checked it out. Really good reviews. Did you buy it together with Bluetooth dongle?To use AUX Link as a hand-free kit...Is it worth it?

Old 04-04-2014, 04:04 PM

From my point of view it's totally worth it. It's a good substitution for a separate car hands-free kit. Thus with this AUX Link you get adapter, charger and a hands-free kit. Three devices in one.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:40 AM

Hi SamTech1, what model Volvo do you have? I just bought a 2007 S40 without the premium audio, so it is a single CD player without an "AUX" or "MODE" button. I have an old FM transmitter but there is a lot of signal loss and also static depending on where I am.

I looked at the Aux link website and I'm very interested, their tech line can probably help me further as well. Thanks for posting, I was not aware of this company.

David

Old 07-10-2014, 11:00 AM

Guys, just wanted to share my personal experience. Eventually decided to buy AUX Link car adapter. Compared all the prices and it's really cheaper to purchase it at the official online store AUX Car Kits. The adapter was delivered in just five days. At first I tried to install it on my own, but had troubles taking out the OEM head unit. So in the end I had it installed in the nearest auto workshop. It took just 10 minutes. So far totally contempted with the adapter.

Advantages:

- great sound
- you can use it as a charger
- with Bluetooth dongle works perfectly as a Bluetooth AUX car adapter
- music control with buttons on the steering wheel and buttons on the car head unit (really convenient)
- suitable for all music formats
- compatible with my Apple devices, but there is also a plug for other mobile devices
- free and fast delivery
- occupies very little space and doesn't spoil the interior
- now I can listen to all my favourite music without carrying piles of CDs.

Disadvantages:

- a bit expensive as I also bought additional Bluetooth dongle
- could't easily take out the head unit so had to go to service center

But taking everything into account, I believe it's a good price-quality ratio. So all in all it's worth it.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:32 AM

Alex, thanks for the information. Which sound system do you have? I don't have the premium sound, single CD system in my S40. Thanks!

Old 10-13-2014, 04:09 AM

I’m trying to find a car kit to listen to music from mobile devices and also USB flash drive. Do you have any tips? I’ve also heard some positive reviews about car kit AUX Link. At the web page it says it’s compatible with iPhones,iPods,iPads, USB, SD memory cards and devices with AUX IN. Maybe anyone else has it and can share his opinion (about the model for iPod/USB/SD/AUX)? Do you have better recommendations? Thank you!

Last edited by IvanX; 10-13-2014 at 04:12 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by dholscher1971
Alex, thanks for the information. Which sound system do you have? I don't have the premium sound, single CD system in my S40. Thanks!
I have standard OEM head unit in my Volvo C70. I guess it should be the same as in your S 40. Still totally satisfied with this adapter, really good quality of the sound.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:17 PM

Anyone have a pic of this installed? thx.