Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Speaker upgrades for the Dolby ProLogic Surround Systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 02:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker upgrades for the Dolby ProLogic Surround Systems

What speaker upgrades have you guys done that have the Dolby ProLogic Surround Sound systems in your S60/S80's?

I've looked at installing aftermarket headunits but Volvo is the only one to offer a reasonable Surround Sound processor without major cost and modification. This HU-803 upgrade from the Hu-611 is outSTANDING! Janet Jackson has never sounded so delicious, I don't ever want to leave the car due to how clear everything sounds and the sound reproduction. I mean that I just cant get OVER it!

The problem is that i upgraded to the PA-300 amp in addition the she HU upgrade. With that comes the expense. In my 04 S80 I've blown thru SEVERAL sets of the DYNaudio units ($$$) and even more units of the blu label(200 watt) units.

Question is what are you guys using for upgrades to the factory upgrade units? This PA-300 amp is much too much for the highest upgrade unit speakers that Volvo offered to handle the power. Granted that I drive the speakers and high volume all the time (Janet Jackson's music is bass heavy), but I've grown tired of removing door panels to replace speakers. Wanting some speakers that exceed even the DYNaudio units. For the record, this amp is even blowing the tweeters. Ppl MARVEL at this sound system, just need some speakers to match it. HELP.