Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

Complaint after 1 year's painful experience

Old 12-10-2016, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complaint after 1 year's painful experience

Dear Volvo worldwide,

I am writing in Hong Kong to express my deepest concern and dissatisfaction to the continual problems of the XC90 Momentum since it was delivered last Oct 2016, and the poor performance of the maintenance service centre of your company.

I regret also to note that some of the defects are repeatedly recurring despite continual repair from your service centre (e.g. the sudden turn-off of the display, sudden lighting up of battery signal sign and various warning sign, non adjustable interior air temperature, loosening of parts both interior and exterior etc etc.)

It has come to my grave concern that some of the recurring defects may have detrimental effects on safety of the car (e.g. how can I know when the sudden come-up of warning lights is genuine or false? Should I take any measures when a certain kind of warning light is up?)

I must point out that every time I bring the car back to the maintenance centre, the issues are not properly fixed. (e.g. the car was back to the centre 3 times to fix a “noise problem”. e.g. the sudden ‘display off’ problem recurs after last month’s repair of which I was told that its been thoroughly fixed!)

From my experience, new problems comes up every time the car is delivered back to me. ( e.g. more noise problems after 1st and 2nd fix; AC problem has never been addressed well when I was only told on the 3rd fix that it might be the sensor problems etc. )

In addition It is also very annoying to me that the car is never delivered back in a clean and tidy manner. (e.g. either it is full of oil marks both interior and exterior, or the car interior is messy or the display setting is reset without my prior notice, etc )
In short, it is so messy that even a local garage would not give you that kind of standard.

It seems to me that your centre management has problems in the following areas:

1) They are not acquainted with the required technical know-hows. Staff, especially with up-to-date knowledge of the new XC series. (observed in the continual repair needed where nothing can be properly fixed in one go)

2) Understaffed (observed from the rush and hectic experience in car delivery arrangement and repair time)

3) Staff poorly trained (expressed in the messiness of car and handling of complains without client’s satisfaction)

What is most worrying me is that the car seems to be either defective before it is sold, or there is inherent or hidden problems which have not yet disclosed or thoroughly tested. I am like a guinea pig testing out your XC90 for defects and bugs which should be your job but not mine!

The whole experience has brought about so much inconvenience and disturbance to our daily life and the car’s safety is highly in doubt!.
I must also point out that my family has suffered a lot in time and monetary terms due to your unprofessional repair service and poor car quality. Evert time we have to spend extra time for rearrangement of driving habits, taking public transport, and re scheduling our kids and family time table to suit your unacceptable lengthy and frequent repairs!

Now I even have to buy a second car as a back-up to the unreliable XC90!

Regards,

William CHEUNG