General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Engine service required... Turbo control valve or pressure control valve that is the

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine service required... Turbo control valve or pressure control valve that is the

Hi there my names ammo from Birmingham UK I own a 56 2006 plate volvo s60 d5 with all the toys, Bbs wheels sat nav two tone leather but that's the least of my problems. The problem being I had a fault come up so I went down to the garage and I had them read, these are the faults.

1.charge pressure sensor

2 . turbo control - pressure too high

Now iv phoned the stealers and the ain't telling me anything but prices so I'm on the look out for any help to which sensor it could be. Whether it's the intercooler pressure sensor or the turbo control valve. The problem lies in hard acceleration the car doesn't want to pull and the light comes up however it doesn't go into limp mode I got the codes reset at one point but came straight back up as soon as I put foot down again. Any help would be highly appreciated

Old 05-12-2022, 08:44 AM
Default Did you fix this

Originally Posted by am12eaz
Hi there my names ammo from Birmingham UK I own a 56 2006 plate volvo s60 d5 with all the toys, Bbs wheels sat nav two tone leather but that's the least of my problems. The problem being I had a fault come up so I went down to the garage and I had them read, these are the faults.

1.charge pressure sensor

2 . turbo control - pressure too high

Now iv phoned the stealers and the ain't telling me anything but prices so I'm on the look out for any help to which sensor it could be. Whether it's the intercooler pressure sensor or the turbo control valve. The problem lies in hard acceleration the car doesn't want to pull and the light comes up however it doesn't go into limp mode I got the codes reset at one point but came straight back up as soon as I put foot down again. Any help would be highly appreciated
Hi. Did you fix it? I have the same issue on my S80. I have a wastegate solenoid error when i hooked up my code reader.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:55 AM
Received 88 Likes on 86 Posts

The turbo control valves go all the time and are relatively cheap ($30 or so) They get contaminated with oil vapors and a lot of people put an inline air filter (like for a small engine) on the turbo line going to the valve to extend the life.

However, not really knowing what code you have, I wouldn't take this as a 100% solution to your problem.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Dingus1
The turbo control valves go all the time and are relatively cheap ($30 or so) They get contaminated with oil vapors and a lot of people put an inline air filter (like for a small engine) on the turbo line going to the valve to extend the life.

However, not really knowing what code you have, I wouldn't take this as a 100% solution to your problem.
Hey Dingus1
Thanks. My OBD reader came up with P0244. I've looked on line and replacement solenoids are relatively cheap. I'll give it a go and see what happens.