General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

How to Volvo VCADS Pro 2.40 Connection Problem

Old 03-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Volvo VCADS Pro 2.40 Connection Problem

why i post a thread here just because i see someone who met same trouble that once i was confronted with.

I want to adjust road speed limit to 110 km/hr for my 2008 Volvo VNL 780, while my Volvo VCADS Pro 2.40 Version fails to communicate with vehicle ECU. When I connected with diagnostic socket, it was able to access ECU, but my Panasonic Win 7 window popped out a message reading “The software installed on the engine is not compatible with the ECU software”.

Here, by the way, express why I want to lower speed limit is due to an overspeeding accident previously. It is really a hard nut for me to crack; I have to turn to seek support online. I finally found some clues at Volvo Forum, an experienced Volvo technician who has been using Volvo truck diagnostic tool for a long time offered me much help.

I was told to upgrade the PTT to get the truck programmed, in such occasion, I am able to go into programming to adjust the speed limit. I decided to follow his advice, while some files are not complete and fail to install completely. I was suggested again to change a laptop running Win XP because PTT is a very touchy program and will not work well with some programs. Next, I changed another Dell Laptop running XP mode, and find online a link to download the software.
Volvo vcads
pro 2.40 software download

I downloaded the software and then installed successfully, and used it to complete programming, Work great! Also, I additionally tried it to diagnose MACK model 2004 and more, work as well.