General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Iphone into Stereo

Old 03-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iphone into Stereo

I have a 2000 S80 with the factory installed premium sound system.

I just bought an iPhone, and love it, of course.

1.) Is there an easy way to plug my iPhone into the stereo for music listening and phone talking ... maybe running a cord to the elbow rest.

2.) Is there an easy way to install a mic back to the iPhone for the phone talking?

Thanks,

Noma

Old 03-06-2008, 11:59 PM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Iphone into Stereo

This question would be better answered by someone else, as I am neither privy to the S80 nor to iPhone. I'll do my best, though:

1.) Is there an easy way to plug my iPhone into the stereo for music listening and phone talking ... maybe running a cord to the elbow rest.

If your S80 has some sort of external input interface, yes you could simply find matching size cord and plug the iPhone into the stereo to see if it plays. If there is no such interface on the front face of the stereo, it may have one on the back of it or not have one at all, in which case you cannot hook up your iPhone without major modification.

2.) Is there an easy way to install a mic back to the iPhone for the phone talking?
If your iPhone has "MIC" input interface (again, a small hole for the jack), then it is possible to hook up a microphone.

However, my advice would be not to talk on the phone whilst behind the wheel. Talking on the phone undoubtedly distracts you from driving and people have been getting killed every year due to talking on the phone when they were driving.

JPN