General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

S60 Engine System Service Required

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question S60 Engine System Service Required

My first post so please bear with me, I have had an 2006 S60 now for nearly 5 years and it has just gone through 165,000 miles generally driven on the motorway. During the past month I have been getting the above message complete with power loss over 2000 revs. Then as if by magic it disappears after I switch off the engine once I have completed a run of over 80 miles or so.
I took the car into my local (Non Volvo) garage who changed the Air flow sensor at a substantial cost, and returned it to me as if all was okay.
On my next journey the DPF filter warning came on and again the engine system service required warning, these came on and off over the next 7 days so I returned the car to the original garage who diagnosed the Turbo but they in turn took it in to my local Volvo dealer who also diagnosed the turbo.
Neither of the two garages had the conviction to stand by their diagnosis and have told me that this may not cure the problem (expensive at a cost of £700 plus labour), however I am pretty sure that neither of the two garages will return the cost of replacement if it is a wrong diagnosis.
I now have to make the decision to give permission to replace the turbo.
Any suggestions please help.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you have the list of errors from dealer diagnostics?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:52 AM

Hello I haven't as yet but I will now ask and see what I can get off them.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:32 AM

Hi there my names ammo from Birmingham UK I own a 56 2006 plate volvo s60 d5 with all the toys, Bbs wheels sat nav two tone leather but that's the least of my problems. The problem being I had a fault come up so I went down to the garage and I had them read, these are the faults.

1.charge pressure sensor

2 . turbo control - pressure too high

Now iv phoned the stealers and the ain't telling me anything but prices so I'm on the look out for any help to which sensor it could be. Whether it's the intercooler pressure sensor or the turbo control valve. The problem lies in hard acceleration the car doesn't want to pull and the light comes up however it doesn't go into limp mode I got the codes reset at one point but came straight back up as soon as I put foot down again. Any help would be highly appreciated