General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

XC90 T-6 Electrical Failure

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XC90 T-6 Electrical Failure

Have a 2004 XC 90 that has now experienced 3x a full electrical failure! First you hear a "thunk" under the left side dashboard then all the instrument cluster goes out, turn signals do not work, AC dies, transmission does not shift, windows will not work, and lights do not work! In other words your car is stuck in gear, with no means of signalling an emergency or direction, windows are locked and hopefully you are not in the fast lane of the highway!

And this is supposed to be a luxury safe vehicle!

I have contacted Volvo of America and they have no clue. Their comment: "we are researching it" Dealer charges to look at it and can never find an issue! Yet other Volvo forums claim is it either a module or wiring issue!

What a piece of junk!

I would never recommend that anyone buy a Volvo and as a matter of fact, if any of you have experienced a similar sistuation, please use the link below to register your information on a google doc I have set up. We can then collectively approach Volvo as well as seek a class action attorney to assist.

Volvo should take care of us as customers!

The link is: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...fdkJocUE&hl=en

Please also contact the National Highway Safety and Transportation Agency to report the unsafe situation. They will compile the data and decide if a recall is warranted.