Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

s70 base model 1998

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s70 base model 1998

I need some advice in what is the best or if I should even put an exhaust on my s70. is a non turbo model. but I really like it if it sounded strong and fast. an also better performance for my car. which exhaust can I buy for my car?

Old 03-03-2013, 06:20 PM

Look at that you dont have a turbo so nobody got back to you about mods. I have a 99 non turbo all modded out and I love it. The custom exhaust with high flow cat and muffler, custom cold air and manifold my car has plenty more zing and easy 20 or more ponies. I love it. I just sent the ecu to california to be tuned!

Old 03-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Man, I don't get it. You turned a car with 168 HP into one with 185+ hp (so you think) then you sent your ECU to be tuned? Man I don't get it. Please do tell how much $$$ you have into it so far?

You could have washed the car, sold it, purchased a turbo for $500 more and saved yourself a lot of $$$. Oh, and had a much faster car with a better performance base. Again, I don't get it.

Log into CraigsList and go test drive a working T5 or GLT and you'll stop putting money into that car.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 AM

You know what I dont get? Is you turbo guys sayin over and over get a turbo. Friend I've had turbo cars. If I would of wanted a turbo car Id of just gone and gotten another. I like this car it drives nicer without a turbo than either of the saabs I had and they had turbos. Do you guys get on honda owner sites and tell them not to mod their cars because they are non turbo? And for your info I've already seen some decent gains in the power and handling of this car. It definately is faster and handles alot better than when I got it! Is it the fastest car out there? No of course not but then I also dont have to worry about all the things that go wrong with a turbo either. Believe me people modify non turbo cars of many different types and experience all sorts of gains. Shoot mercedes and bmws are some of the most modded vehicles out there and bmw for years didnt even offer a turbo car until the 335is came out. Do you get on their links and offer your opinions of modding non turbocars? I had a custom higher flowing exhaust built with high flow cat and pipe upgraded to 2 1/2 inces and high flow muffler for 300 bucks as straight possible with few bends. I have a air intake a friend and I custom designed from maybe 80 dollars worth of autozone parts. It sounds great and definately improved my performance the most. I also bought new stainless high flow manifold header from speed daddy for 130 dollars. The tune I purchased I only spent 500 on and from what I've seen of ecu tunes thats cheap! shoot buddy at 1200 dollars I put more money into my rims and tires than I have into all of my performance upgrades combined! I like the way my car handles and performs. Im enjoying playing around with my car and it's a daily driver so I dont exactly need a race car.

Last edited by Benny76; 03-04-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:23 PM

Uuuhhh not that I'm taking a stand either way in this more your points were soooo useless. You asked him if he got on Honda n Beemer sites and bashed them for tuning NA's instead of just buying a boosted car, well the short answer is NO, because they didn't offer Turbo car, VOLVO DOES lol.