New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

new volvo owner 2012 s60 T6

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new volvo owner 2012 s60 T6

Hello,
I just got a 2012 Volvo s60 t6. I believe it has the premium package (heated seats and auto wipers)

I got it after trading out of a terrible Taurus SHO, that had a lot of issues. The selling dealer gave me a good trade in value. And the I drove the s60 and fell in love.

I have a few newb questions

I haven't had many cars with real leather, and the ones that did have it were too far gone. Is lexol a decent cleaner/protectant for the leather in these?

what brand wiper blade works best

any tips or tricks in maintenance? I know Volvo doesn't require syn oils but im thinking im going to do it anyway.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by 04lss
Hello,
I just got a 2012 Volvo s60 t6. I believe it has the premium package (heated seats and auto wipers)

I got it after trading out of a terrible Taurus SHO, that had a lot of issues. The selling dealer gave me a good trade in value. And the I drove the s60 and fell in love.

I have a few newb questions

I haven't had many cars with real leather, and the ones that did have it were too far gone. Is lexol a decent cleaner/protectant for the leather in these?

what brand wiper blade works best

any tips or tricks in maintenance? I know Volvo doesn't require syn oils but im thinking im going to do it anyway.
Congratulations and welcome.
Lexol is an excellent product. I've used it on a few of my previous car. But for my Volvo I'm using Volvo's leather care kit.

For wipers it seems that the OEM wipers work best.

Old 09-25-2016, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by LittleMushi
Congratulations and welcome.
Lexol is an excellent product. I've used it on a few of my previous car. But for my Volvo I'm using Volvo's leather care kit.

For wipers it seems that the OEM wipers work best.

Thanks for the info!

I have a few questions about the interior materials. I know there is leather for the seats, and (i think) vinyl on the doors. But what is the dash made out of? I typically use meguiars interior detailers.
Ive been using Griots interior cleaner on most of the surfaces but i need a protectant

What is the grainy material around the climate controls?