New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

really high idle after checking trans fluid level

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default really high idle after checking trans fluid level

Hello everyone, im Damien im new to the group but I have a question about my 90` 740 GL wagon. Im the third owner. It was gifted to me for my birthday, its not in the best shape and I know there r existing problems. Todays goal is to figure out why after I went to check transmission fluid levels the car started to rev really high. The car was on, in nutural, with parking break on. I pushed the dipstick clip back and pulled the dipstick up. it scared mebecause it uncontrollably reved. I turned the car off.. I turned it back on and idle did the same thing. I checked my throttle wire and the positioner. It wasnt loose and the throttle lip was flush the with the small round stopper thing. I looked at the what looks like a minature plunger where thr throttle wire goes.. it doesnt have a hose on the back.. also a much bigger hose is missing in the intake between the air filter and top of engine... I did look for the hoses under the car or that were not attached to the block and I couldnt find any. Are the missing hoses my problem or is it something else? It gasnt driven right since (about an hr) it wanted to drive as I applied the break.