Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

The thing you hate most

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 08:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zerorisers
People who tailgate me to the point my anxiety makes me go 15 over the speed limit. at one point I couldn't see the hood of this one guys car and I was about to have a panic attack so I just slowed down and stopped for about ten seconds as a recouped..
I feel your pain. I too have this same problem. I used to drive a school bus and I really had to keep in mind the safety of the kids. So when I was being tailgated I would also drive slower and slower and slower until the offender finally got the hint and passed. This is really the only safe way to handle this problem.

On my middle/high school run, there was a student that drove a Honda sedan that was really slammed down into the weeds. It was so low that he could drive right up under my bus's rear bumper. I couldn't see him because the bus was a pusher and so, I was oblivious. Yup, you guessed it. I came up to a set of RR tracks and stopped the bus when he wasn't expecting it and he shattered his windshield and folded the roof on my rear bumper. I felt the bump and I knew something bad had happened but I couldn't stop on the tracks. So I pulled forward. When the bus went up and over, the rear sank down and raked his hood off. LOL The car was undriveable.

In addition to getting a ticket from the cops, I added insult to injury and wrote him up since he was a student at the school I was driving for. He got kicked out of school for like a week. I still laugh about it. Ahh, sweet Karma.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by strelnik
Volvo service and parts manuals.

They purposely make it hard ti get, hard to use.

Very controlling.

mercedes realized the error of that position some years ago and instead made manuals available for a reasonable price and on CD.

Maybe someone should drop a word in the ear of Volvo's Chinese masters that service information is not a government secret, comrade...
Hard to use? It isn't that bad. And the Chinese didn't have a hand in VIDA.

Old 06-24-2016, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ES6T
Hard to use? It isn't that bad. And the Chinese didn't have a hand in VIDA.
I'm sorry but I'm used to working with service manuals and CDs where the only thing I have to do to use the manuals is learn a foreigtn language.

Software-wise, the system is very unfriendly, especially if you want to print a page. And I've been doing this a while.
The Chinese didn't have a hand in Vida, that's true. But Geely owns Volvo.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

I've never had an issue printing from VIDA. And ownership is irrelevant here.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sticky fingers...not the album