Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Who are you, what do you do, where are you from?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Who are you, what do you do, where are you from?

Im Nicolas from Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean...
Studying Biomedical Science here in Tampa, FL... University of South Florida (go bulls!!) and I bought myself an 02 S80 a year after getting here. Im probably one of the youngest on the forum, 20 to be exact

Old 01-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to the University of South Florida too! Bayboro Campus..St. Petersburg.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:24 PM

I am 45 and teach Elementary school. I have never had kids. I am a military wife and I drive a V70R wagon.
I live in Corpus Christi, Texas. I live every where....

Old 01-31-2008, 06:28 PM

My name is Cameron, from Dayton Ohio. In the day to pay the bills I work as a web designer and print advertisment manager for a large Motocross Race Team (www.troy-racing.com). For fun I like working on my cars / trucks / motorcycles and stuff. Modifying them to make them look better, sound better, go faster, etc etc. I'm a pretty laid back type of person whom just last weekend bought my first Volvo, a '99 S80 which I have already grown to love. Have any questions for me? Feel free to ask! Any motorcycle guru's out there let me know if you need parts, sponsorships, etc and I can help ya out. Just PM me. Thanks too all for making this a kick-*** forum!

Old 01-05-2016, 02:39 AM
Default Grew up in Jersey

Grew up in Jersey. Traveled in the service. Lived in Maine for the last 40 years, except for 5 years on factory trawlers in the Bering Sea. Fix (and swear at) machines for a living.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:19 AM

DFW, Texas. Worked as a testing technician for 5 months, and got stuff done too fast. Not enough work flow apparently. Now I am doing pools over in Wylie. (Clean, test PH, Test chlorine, Etc)
18 years old, electrocuted 21 times, one of the times being 240V working on an electric stove (didn't know the switches went directly to 240V) electronics enthusiast wanting a degree in electronics engineering, and I may be moving to my friends house. Her cousin, mom, and me all work at the same place while me her and her cousin go to the same school.

I like to find simple solutions to complex problems. gotta fix the blower motor "resistor" in the volvo? Put a relay in place instead, I use it on full blast anyways. :P

Need to charge a 12v battery with a 24 volt solar panel? Use an old voltage regulator from a car, and use the diodes from the alternator (Polarity wont matter when plugging in the solar panel!) Besides the panel is only 350mA.

Bug zapper broke? lets put a microwave transformer, and a capacitor on it and play with it. (Too strong, kinda melted the two electrodes together after I left it with my friends family)

Afraid you will forget to feed the chickens? Setup a light fixture to turn on at night so that the bugs will fly in and eventually die, chickens will be well fed.

oh, Forgot to mention I love playing with chemicals. Still need a smock though, ruined a few pairs of jeans cleaning out rust from an old gas tank.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[font][font]I am born and raised in Mexico City, / Nací y crecí en la Ciudad de México[/font][/font]

[font][font]I am an internal lawyer of an engineering company / Soy abogado interno de una empresa de ingeniería [/font][/font]

[font][font]I'm lucky to have a 1959 PV544- B16 / T[/font][/font][font][font]engo la suerte de tener un PV544- B16 de 1959[/font][/font]

Last edited by Marcos David Perez; 09-24-2019 at 04:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
phlatlander (07-31-2023)
Old 10-05-2019, 10:57 PM
Default off topic

i work at a DME company. That's durable medical equipment. Our company does walkers,wheelchairs,etc as well as oxygen and cpap machines. I have a college fine arts degree in ceramics so i am a potter of sorts. More like a lapsed potter since I haven't potted for some time. I live in Upstate South Carolina but am a minority Independent/Democrat politically so my vote rarely counts nationally

Old 10-24-2019, 04:34 AM

DME company? Is it interesting?
About me - now I'm looking for a new job. Because I want to earn more money. Until I find a new job, I won't leave the old one. Because I can't stay out of work for long. I have compiled a summary of one of these examples - https://resumeget.com/resume-examples . I hope to be able to change jobs soon.

Last edited by DarkSun; 11-04-2019 at 04:15 AM.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:47 PM
Default Writer/artist/activist

Surfer who sells contemporary art to upscale foot-traffic in Santa Barbara, California. Stop on in, I'll get you something that floats and glows: https://www.instagram.com/colorfield_arts/

Longtime activist for the Article V Convention: Congress needs a flushing and a federal convention is the only way to do it. More and more are unafraid to use Article V in order to put representatives back on track. Check FOAVC here: Page One

Old 01-30-2020, 09:02 AM
Default Update

Originally Posted by skinnyguy
Grew up in Jersey. Traveled in the service. Lived in Maine for the last 40 years, except for 5 years on factory trawlers in the Bering Sea. Fix (and swear at) machines for a living.
I've retired and moved to No. California. My beloved '92 240 was too rusty to ship, so I sold it for a fair price. I picked up a really nice '83 240 wagon out here. It had some quirks, but I've got them ironed out.

Old 02-04-2020, 07:44 AM

Central England, retired soldier and police officer who fills his time playing bass and fiddling with his Volvo.

Old 02-07-2020, 04:20 AM

Business jet pilot, living in Denmark with my wife and daughter.
Just bought my first Volvo (940 turbo wagon), which I hope I can make pretty and go fast.

Old 02-19-2020, 07:13 PM

Bardstown Kentucky, bourbon capital of the world. I load/unload cargo planes for a shipping company you have heard of.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:00 AM

Kentucky, Bowling Green. Physical Therapist. I am currently in postgraduate studies, writing a study that is related to behavioral economics and how it affects the general condition of the individual during the making of important decisions in life. I faced the problem of creating a presentation and asked for help at https://edubirdie.com/powerpoint-pre...riting-service I have always thought that creating a presentation to paper was the most horrific assignment a student can face. I thought that it was nothing else but regurgitating the very same information twice. So, I decided to buy both paper and presentation online. I could not have expected that EduBirdie will provide me with such brilliant content. And yes, their prices are surely something to enjoy and they treat your confidentiality with respect.

Last edited by DarkSun; 06-21-2020 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-15-2020, 04:49 AM

Phoenix, just an ordinary editor. When I was in high school I wrote for pleasure, later I realized that I can earn money doing it. So I did and finally bought my first car (Volvo of course). Then I turned it into my career and enjoyed my life to the fullest. Now I’m working on a project about recliners, sofas, massage chairs and so on. Writing about it makes me wanna fill my flat with it.

Old 10-29-2020, 06:39 PM

I am retired, worked in telecommunications and computer repair, from fort lauderdale florida.

Old 11-06-2020, 08:21 AM
Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Retired (business systems analyst) from central NJ. Drive a 2020 V90 Inscription T6.

Regards, Maggs

Old 11-06-2020, 06:17 PM

British Columbia, Canada, My daughter just got her first car. 2003 S40, 98600 km. So here I am looking for solutions

Old 11-23-2020, 11:07 AM

good to meet you ,i am from the isle of man (rd. motor cycle racing)
i drive v40 2.0 diesel keep safe regards franko.

Quick Reply: Who are you, what do you do, where are you from?