For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

1996 850 turbo wagon (Near Chicago IL)

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 850 turbo wagon (Near Chicago IL)

I have up for sale my 1996 Volvo 850 2.3L 5cyl Turbo wagon. It has just over 147k miles on it and still runs great. The car is in very good shape for the year, but does show a little wear since it is over 20 years old, so please don't expect a brand new car. Some of the options are power seats, heated seats, power sunroof, power mirrors, leather seats, and tinted windows.

Interior condition:
The interior is very nice with no rips or tears in the leather or fabric. The leather is aged and does show some cracking, but it still very soft and pliable. The headliner is a bit dirty, and and the carpets have a few small stains, but nothing out of the ordinary. The dash looks great with no warping or cracks. All the buttons function as they should, and every light works on the car since I just replaced almost all of them. The interior does have its typical volvo wagon squeaks and rattles coming from the rear hatch and dash. The rear hatch area has some decent sized stains in the carpet, but I have a small blaket to cover them up since im always hauling stuff around.

Exterior condition:
The exterior is in amazing shape for its age. There is absolutely zero rust on the body and under the car. The paint is in great shape with only a few small scratches due to its age. The front end has been converted over to a newer Volvo V70 front end since all the parts bolt right on. The tint on a few of the rear windows has a few scratches in it, but really can't be seen unless your specifically looking for it. The tires are practically new with only a few thousand miles on them.

Mechanical condition:
The car runs great and has all up to date maintenance done to it. When I purchased the car, the previous owner told me the Timing belt and water pump was done at 106k miles. I do not have receipts for it, but by inspecting the belt and pump, it does look to be replaced. I just recently service the PCV system and replaced all of its components. The front and rear cam seals have just been replaced as well. The rear suspension bushings have also been replaced before I bought the car, I do have the receipt for that and all the work I have done. As of 11/14/16 I replaced the two oil cooler lines since one was seeping oil. I have also used full synthetic oil since I have owned it since it is a turbo and is a bit harder on oil. There are no check engine lights, or any warning lights at all.

Issues/problems:
The cruise control does not work, and I have not looked into it, so I don't know if its an easy fix or not, I just don't use cruise often.

Please look at the video I made of the car so you can see it start and run

I have tried to describe the car as best and honestly as I could. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

I just recently purchase this a few months ago, but I am in need of a pickup, I thought the wagon would be enough room, but it isn't.

I am asking $4000 OBO

Please call or text me 630-800-eight seven four three

Thanks
Mike
Name:  R0xJywdl.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  46.8 KB
Name:  91pbGBsl.jpg
Size:  40.0 KB
Name:  cxUhVKjl.jpg
Size:  40.1 KB
Name:  Nps8nABl.jpg
Size:  43.1 KB
Name:  zKOUrNPl.jpg
Size:  61.6 KB
Name:  d9Qnpwrl.jpg
Size:  62.2 KB
Name:  ajPezsbl.jpg
Size:  60.7 KB
Name:  qGGjySml.jpg
Size:  53.1 KB

Last edited by Golden86; 11-14-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pending sale