For Sale / Trade - Archive Sell or Trade your stuff for free! Private and commercial posts are also welcome!

FS - '98 V70 XC - Olympia, WA

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS - '98 V70 XC - Olympia, WA

I have a 1998 V70 Cross Country that I need to sell. Since you're reading this on a Volvo forum, I'm going to assume you're familiar with the car and it's features.

The biggest issue with the car is the miles. It's got 227k, which is obviously going to be an immediate concern for a lot of people. Here's the story though...

I travel all over the west coast for work, and as such I put a lot of long distance highway miles on my cars. I bought this car in July 2010 to replace the old 740 I was traveling in, an in a little less than 2 years I've put 57,000 miles on it. I've been to Los Angeles 4 times, the San Francisco / San Jose area 5 times, Bakersfield twice, Redding once, and Clovis, NM.

Last July a radiator hose burst while I was driving over Tejon Pass, it overheated, and blew the head gasket. The up-side is that it's all been replaced...timing belt, water pump, head gasket, head bolts, etc. Obviously the head was resurfaced at that point too, and the PCV system was serviced. Since that job was done I drove it to Bakersfield in December, and to L.A. for 6 weeks from January to February of this year. It's got a new battery, 4 good tires with matching tread, and about 500 miles on a rebuilt driveshaft.

Even with the miles, the Kelly Blue Book lists it at $4150-4450 depending on condition, and the NADA guide lists it at $4300. I don't think that's realistic, but I also don't really know what would be a realistic number. I'm open to offers.

My job requirements changed and I've had to buy a van, but this is still my daily driver. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it across country tomorrow.

I don't know what the rules are regarding posting a phone number, so PM me if you're interested.

FS - '98 V70 XC - Olympia, WA-1v70.jpg

FS - '98 V70 XC - Olympia, WA-4v70.jpg

FS - '98 V70 XC - Olympia, WA-5v70.jpg