Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Brand Review > Suspension
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2009, 05:14 PM
2001 Volvo S60
My Garage

Default Replacing Lower Control Arms on S60 T5

My S60 T5 needs new bushings on the lower control arms. I can probably save a little cash if I just had new bushings pressed into the control arms, however since down time is valuable to me I am purchasing OEM control arms with new bushings already pushed in.

I have 110K Miles. Anything a given to replace. Struts are okay for another 40K but I was planning on buying ball joints to be safe.

Any recommendations, special tools or any notable experience that you may have encountered are all welcomed. I plan on buying a repair manual on CD. Any recommendations for that will be appreciated as well.

Don
Old 11-10-2009, 11:50 PM
2001 Volvo S60
My Garage

Default Photos posted in my gallery

I had a heck of a time with installing the ball joint and so only did one side last weekend. See pictures in my gallery.

I am asking specific questions via pm and will find a way to post the communication when I am done. I am looking for the easiest way to mount the ball joint without killing me and without having to remove the wheel spindle and hub.

Thanks for your interest.

Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0631reduced.jpg (66.2 KB, 116 views)
Old 11-29-2009, 07:23 AM

Good post. I appreciate it.
Many thanks to ur post. I love it.
Old 12-11-2009, 07:04 AM

Hey Keith,
Any tricks? Doing the same LCA job today on my son's 2001 S60. Did you have to remove the axle from the spindle?
Please post pix, they really help.
Thx in advance.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:15 AM

I have replaced the lower control arms, tire rod ends, upperspringseat mounts as well as gotten an alignment, my car rides straight, but wobbles at low speeds when driving between 0-25. When the car is accelerated itdoesnt seem to do this, also I have terrible noise coming from the front end when I turn right, I also had both cv axles replaced!
Old 02-03-2010, 10:15 AM

Tags
arm, arms, ball, bushings, control, cost, joints, lower, replace, replacing, s60t5, s80, v40, v70, volvo