Internet parts website

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 12:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Internet parts website

I am looking for some parts on the internet.

I just bought something off of volvopartswebstore.com It hasn't gotten here yet. It got lost in their shipping department. It has been 16 days now. After about 10-12 days I started calling them. Their CS was easy enough to contact. But, they referred me to FedEx who said that they never picked it up. Back to CS and after a bit, they called me and said that they are sending me a new shipment. I just tracked it, tis in Memphis, at their transfer station coming to me. It seems like it takes a few days for them to ship. I am getting ready to order a PS reservoir and give them a 2nd chance as they are $7 cheaper than idpusa and fcpeuro

I'll post on how they do the 2nd time around.

So, if you were ordering a part off the net....who would you use?

Old 03-18-2021, 02:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

fcpeuro and tasca

Old 03-18-2021, 07:43 PM
lev
Received 134 Likes on 125 Posts

IPD, FCP are OK! With Tasca, had a horrible experience... total incompetence!

Last edited by lev; 03-19-2021 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Partsparts

Originally Posted by lev
IPD, FCP, not Tasca, had a horrible experience with them... total incompetence.

Volvo parts afterlife Atlanta Craigslist!!
Independently owned​​​​​​​

Old 03-27-2021, 06:07 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought a few things from Volvopartswebstore.com that nobody else had, or were ridiculously expensive elsewhere. I think it was some hoses and fittings. They were nice enough to tell me when one part was backordered and did I want to simply cancel that part of the order until it was in stock again? Shipping took a bit longer than I'm used to, but that's minor. Their shipping charge calculation is screwy though, the online thingy adds up shipping as if everything shipped separately. I asked about it and they said yes, the shipping calculator was incorrect and all parts would be in one shipment, which was a fraction of the calculated charge.

IPDUSA have had no problems with. Always the correct part and arrives in a few days, even though I choose the cheap shipping.

FCPEuro is OK, they and e-Europarts I consider about equal. If nobody else has the part I want, one of them will have it. However, I ordered an exhaust kit from FCPEuro and it might as well have been packed in a cracker jack box, with the rear muffler mounting pins poking through the ends of the box, and a couple of air pillows haphazardly tossed in for packing. One pin was so damaged it was loose on the bracket. I got a replacement, but the new one was packed the same way. Fortunately not as bent up as the first one, and I was able to bend it back into shape and has served me well ever since. Moral of the story: don't buy an exhaust kit from FCPEuro, they don't know how to pack the damn things.

Old 03-28-2021, 08:15 AM
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

as a side note, do not discount e-bay from your parts search. i have gotten parts from e-bay at way less cost for the same item than at fcp,ipd,e-europarts etc.
for example, 3 Mann oil filters including drain plug gaskets delivered to my door in 2 days for 15.94 incl tax+free shipping.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:21 AM
lev
Received 134 Likes on 125 Posts

I like ebay too. I don't consider it a true Volvo source because you have to know what you are doing to order through them--you can't rely on sellers' expertise at all. A lot of the sellers are pretty clueless and the listing are about 50% incorrect, but the prices are great. Also, with ebay the time factor is often an issue as it often takes a week or more to get something and then if you have to return it (as is often the case) it's an additional grind. I prefer to run to a store and get it now and be done with it rather than wait. Then again I am lucky as I got IPD close by...