Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo 240, 740 & 940
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2008, 06:11 PM

Default how do i remove the old headlight on my 940?

the other day i took the lenses off my 1995 940 to attempt to clean them and discovered that one of the bulbs had broken loose and melted part of the casing. we purchased a new headlight, but dont know how to remove the old one. thanks
Old 01-11-2008, 11:37 PM

Default RE: how do i remove the old headlight on my 940?

Four 10mm bolts hold the headlight. First take the corner light out by CAREFULLY unclipping it, and pushing it out, this will expose two of the bolts. Then take out the grille by taking the two clips which hold it-they are right on top, easy to pull up. This should expose the other two bolts holding the headlight.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:16 PM

thanks you saved me alot of headaches. we got the old one out and new one in but we cant get the new one to fit tight. any suggestions?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:29 AM

There are TWO types of headlights, actually fronts, for this car-WITH fog lights and WITHOUT. The foglight is between the grille and the headlight on each side on the FOG type, even the grilles are different. Make sure it is the right type.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:29 AM

Tags
1995, 240, 940, clean, corner, front, head, headlight, headlights, lamp, lens, light, removal, remove, removing, volvo