Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo 240, 740 & 940
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2009, 12:33 PM

Default Seat Upholstery

Typical ripped drivers seat bottom, Blue vinyl, does anyone know of a place to get a replacement seat bottom vinyl piece? Not a whole seat, just the cover. Thanks! Dave
Old 03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Got Boost?
1982 Volvo 244
My Garage

I think IPD sells seat repair kits.....

Check there website: ipdusa.com

you can all ways get a whole seat from the junkyard, or check out a local upholstery shop.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:07 PM
1993 Volvo 240

Reupholstering and getting it right is expensive. Depending on where you live, junkyards are a possible source, but it might take some time to find a seat in good condition.

I have a torn up driver's seat in my '93. The foam in the seat pan and bolsters is still pretty good, so I'm going to tape up the tears in the seat pan and buy a seat cover from IPD. IPD sells all the main parts for seats--new foam, covers and lumbar support.

Good luck
Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 AM

Junkyards usually don't have good drivers seats but what I have done in the past is to get passenger seats and use them as parts to rebuild the driver's seat-pretty easy project. I even swap right to left before they are completely destroyed.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:29 AM

Tags
240, bottom, c30, c70, cost, covers, foam, ipd, rebuild, replacement, reupholster, reupholstery, seat, upholstery, vinyl, volvo