Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo 850
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2010, 09:21 AM

Default 94 850 trans problem

I have a 94 850. When the car is cold, the transmission stays stuck in first gear until the car is driven a few miles. I can drive with the shifter in 3rd gear and the car will shift out of 1st and up to 3rd. Once I have driven a few miles I can put the shifter in Drive and the car shifts through the gears perfectly. I have been searching for a solution online for this problem for about a month. There are many similar problems but not the exact same as mine. I am thinking about changing the transmission fluid, I don't think it will hurt, but I don't know if it will help. I am wondering if it could be a sensor or something. Has anyone had a problem like this, and have they fixed it?
Old 01-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

I would recommend changing the fluid, but I would definitely check the fluid level right away. It sounds almost like you are low on fluid!
1983 Mercedes 300D 275K (diesel commuter)
1965 Corvair Corsa 98K (fun car)
Old 01-29-2010, 11:07 AM
1998 Ford Contour
My Garage

PNP switch will solve this problem easy
7mm Supercraft Wires, Bosch Spark Plugs, MBC set at 12-PSI, Homemade RIP Kit, K&N Box Filter w/Mod, OBX B3 Exhaust Muffler (Just the Can), IPD HD Upper Engine Polyurethane Bushing, H&RRRR Lowering Springs, TRS FX-R Projector Headlamps, Phillips 85122 D2S 4300K Bulbs, Hyundai Foglights, 20% Tint all the way around.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:07 AM

Tags
1995, 3rd, 850, 94, cold, gear, problems, problen, starts, stays, trans, trasn, volvo