Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Looking for 1995 yellow 850r wagon

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for 1995 yellow 850r wagon

I'm new to this site... I'm a fellow Volvo lover and for many years I have fallen in love with the 1995 850r wagon in yellow... I have decided that is my next car. I don't care how long it takes me to find it. Obviously I would prefer sooner than later.... I live in Oregon, I don't care where in the country it is located... even if it is in Canada... Does anyone have one they are willing to sell or know of one that is for sale? Please help a Fellow Volvo enthusiast find the vehicle of his dreams =0). I have a dog that is why i Must have the wagon and not the sedan... preemptively thanking all of you for any info you might have for this wild goose chase. Thanks a Bunch, I hope we can locate one !

Old 05-15-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GOOD LUCK

There were 185 yellow T5R's imported to the USA. My estimate on the number of them that were wagons is less than 30. Add the fact that they are now 16-17 years old and if somebody has one they know how rare they are and you can see how difficult this will be. If I find one I will buy it for the right price so you also have the fact that many on this board and other message boards would buy it in a minute too.

Old 05-15-2011, 05:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Yellow wAgon was up for sale in BC a few months ago. It didn't sell and now the owner is keeping it. He was asking 10k for the car.
There are a few running around the Northwest but Good luck finding one for sale.
If you can make it to Portland for the iPd car show this Saturday the 21st, it will probably the best place to start making contacts.
And I know at least one will be there at the show....

Last edited by Mad Matt; 05-15-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:21 PM

Yeah I understand Jimkw the amount of Yellow wagons imported to the U.S. is a very small number, but that doesn't matter to me. I don't care if it runs or not... As long as the body is in overall good shape... I can fix everything else.

Thanks Mad Matt for the info on the IPD show. I will hopefully be able to go check that out.. It is my Sisters bday that day so hopefully... I know there of a Technician in Seattle area that has a Yellow wagon but yet again he wants 10k for it as well.. But at least his would be performance mod ed. I might go down that route but seems a little steep still... If i can find one around 6k-7k Id be happy but if I'm gonna go up to ten I might as well find me an 04-06 V70r with Atacama interior..

Thanks for your posts guys and if you hear anything else on one becoming available that would be awesome if you can let me know about it..

Old 05-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Volvotechnician

Thanks Mad Matt for the info on the IPD show. I will hopefully be able to go check that out.. It is my Sisters bday that day so hopefully... I know there of a Technician in Seattle area that has a Yellow wagon but yet again he wants 10k for it as well.. But at least his would be performance mod ed. I might go down that route but seems a little steep still... If i can find one around 6k-7k Id be happy but if I'm gonna go up to ten I might as well find me an 04-06 V70r with Atacama interior..

Thanks for your posts guys and if you hear anything else on one becoming available that would be awesome if you can let me know about it..
The Tech you speak of would be Spencer. He's the one I mentioned that will be at the show. And it looks like the one that was for sale in B.C. will be down at the show as well.

Might also want to keep your eyes pealed on the Volvospeed and swedespeed classifieds for both the 855 T5-R or the V70R. They pop once in a while.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Not a bad price...

Originally Posted by Volvotechnician
Yeah I understand Jimkw the amount of Yellow wagons imported to the U.S. is a very small number, but that doesn't matter to me. I don't care if it runs or not... As long as the body is in overall good shape... I can fix everything else.

$10,000 seems a little steep??? I thought that would be on the low side for a good rare car like that. Most rare cars are ones that are killer expensive or ones that really can't be driven daily. A 850 is a road horse and if I sold mine I don't think I would let it go for less than $15,000. I'm not sure how many black wagons were imported here but my guess would be around 250. I seen one of them sell for about $6,000. It was modded which can be a depreciating factor.

I seen a yellow wagon for sale a few months ago in the Atlanta area that had a dirty car fax that sold for over $8,500. The car was imported from Germany by a military person and had 117,000 miles on it in 2 years. When it sold a few months ago it only had about 200k on it and needed a few things done to it but overall it was in good shape.

I hope you find one. You sound like you will enjoy it and keep it up.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:50 PM
Default I have a Yellow T5R wagon I am thinking about selling

Just started to look at these sites to see what it might be worth.

1995 T5R Yellow wagon. Bought from a VP of Volvo thru Scandia Volvo that used to be in Whitter CA. 127K miles. A good 20 footer, but I have driven it and used it as a normal daily driver. Never in an accident, fully maintained, never abused to done any track days, always loved and admired by all, even those who have no idea what it is.

I have been told that they made 100 yellow wagons worldwide, but could never get how many were brought into the US.

I get about a note per month asking if I want to sell the car. Mainly from young kids who are into racing and know it from the BTCC.

Any thoughts on the real worth would be appricated.

Thanks, Bill