Volvo C30 This compact hatchback gives a sporty feel without compromising versatility.

Aux port problems.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux port problems.

Having problems with my audio auxiliary port. At first I thought it was the cable I was using as it wasn't connecting properly (sound only coming out of speakers on one side/not all sound there, unless the connection was jiggled about or held in a certain position). After replacing the cable it's still not right. I've popped the lining of the arm rest storage bit to reveal the plug and that all seems like it's in fine. Anyone had this problem or know anything about it? Thanks

Old 09-10-2014, 02:54 AM

Well since an aux cable is basically just a headphone cable have you tried plugging in headphones and seeing if you still have the popping? That would at least let you know that the problem lies in the headphone jack of the phone and also give you a way to prove it to the Sprint. Alternatively, do you know anyone who has an aux port in their car that you can plug into and see if you get it. I would also try using their aux cable which rules out your cable being the issue as well. I use Bluetooth to connect to my car so I haven't had any issues with mine but that doesn't mean you don't have a faulty unit. I would just do some more trouble shooting so you are armed with all that when you go into Sprint.

Just check the video here

Old 12-31-2014, 04:46 PM
Default Yep

I have had some issues - i am actually on my 4th aux cable and its finally working ok. I say OK, because if you put anything on top of the cable and port, it will throw it all wonky

Let me know if you figure something out

Otherwise, I can send you one of the cables I bought that work and maybe thats the problem?

Old 01-12-2015, 04:23 PM

Thanks for the responses, I sorted the problem by taking the aux port unit out (literally just pops out then unplugs) and stripped it down, this revealed that the connective pins inside had slightly bent back, maybe from overuse. So I just broddled them back with a small screw driver.