Volvo C30 This compact hatchback gives a sporty feel without compromising versatility.

Engine system service urgent

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine system service urgent

Hi ive got an 09 plate volvo c30
Last week i got this message coming up on my dash (engine system service urgent) and the red triangle with ! In the middle
Phoned my mechanic he said to make sure my filter wasnt clogged so sat in the car for over twenty mins keeping it at 3000 revs 3 times and still no good (been told to do this by my mechanic and the mechanic at the garage where i bought it) still have message on dash!

Must add i had a new dpf fitted in april this year
Took it into my mechanic today to try and see what it was, we googled the message and it came up with topping up the dpf oil so we got that and went to top it up and it was allready at the right level!
Went along to the volvo garage and the guy in there said it was my oil levels they were far too high! So went back to my mechanic and he checked it and it was at the perfect level.
Put on two different diagnostic testers and couldnt find anything coming up on it, tried to clear the message and it wouldnt clear.

Car is running great not slow or sluggish, got great power, diesil is topped up every week and has a full tank.
Had a service about 5 months ago and all is running well,
Can anyone please help as i am at a loss as to what this could be, really dont want to go to the volvo garage as its £150 before i even get the car through the door!

Old 12-28-2023, 04:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Same thing happened to me with my 2009 C30 (though it is the T5 gas engine). No P codes, No poor performance issues. I'm told it may very well be the fuel pressure sensor (about $30) pretty simple to replace as well. I've got an iCarsot VOL II OBD reader and was able to clear (whatever code it was) ...reader does not identify the "red Triangle" codes or issues. But...250 miles later and it's back. I'm simply going to change out that sensor as I've learned they do go bad even at 65K (heat and plastic cracking). So it's cost affective to change it out anyway...."change first, ask questions later" type of deal.
Let us know here how it goes.

Last edited by anacortesian; 12-28-2023 at 04:33 PM. Reason: followup