Volvo C30 This compact hatchback gives a sporty feel without compromising versatility.

Hellllllp!!!

Old 11-26-2016, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hellllllp!!!

I've wanted a C30 ever since I saw them at the Motorshow in 2007. After saving hard, I finally managed to get one in July - a 1.6 Diesel R Design, with 19500 miles on the clock and a full Volvo service history. To begin with, I thought I might not be used to it as when taking off I either seemed to stall, stutter forward or the engine would rev hard and I would take off like a boy racer! It seems worse when cold, but also happens when the engine has warmed up. My last car was a 2.0D Audi A3 but both clutch and gearbox were shot - hence me thinking I wasn't used to it.
After about 1500 miles I still wasn't used to it and began to wonder if something was wrong - so I booked it in at my local Volvo dealer who again, couldn't find anything wrong with it and said it was me.
I've now covered 4000 miles but still, it persists - if I'm pulling out of a junction it seems to either surge or falter - I've had a service carried out on it (I work at a Nissan dealer but it was carried out with gen Volvo parts, inc fuel filter and air filter).
I've noticed if its at idle (900rpm) if I depress the throttle the revs rise very slowly to 1000, then afterwards shoot up very quickly and wondered if a position sensor or something is amiss - today on the bypass it struggled to have any power at coughed a few times although that's now stopped so it could have been the DPF regenerating.
Anyone else had a similar issue? I love the car to bits, and I have wanted one for so long - but being unable to pull away smoothly is really starting to make me hate driving it! In my job I drive 10-15 other cars everyday, and have never had an issue like this!

Last edited by H14YSY; 11-26-2016 at 06:06 PM.

Search this Thread