Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Adjusting Headlamps on C70

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting Headlamps on C70

When adjusting your projector headlamps, what is the rule on how they should be adjusted? I see where you are suppose to do the adjustment, but I'm not sure if I should adjust to the right or left.I feel they are incorrectly adjusted now because from the shadows, one light beam is higher then the other. What HID bulbs are the best and which ones don't burn out quickly? I bought some from e-bay for $6 and they shattered to nothing in about 10 mins.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Adjusting Headlamps on C70

As for HID's. Become a member on Volvospeed.com and talk to a guy named, leurven. He is selling HID kits. Here is a direct link to his FOR SALE thread. However you have to be a member to view this section of the website. HID Kits
Not to sound rude or anything, but did you just buy bulbs? Or do you have the ballasts and everything is to run them properly?

Hey post up some picture of your Projectors, I want to see them. Thanks

Rob

Old 10-20-2006, 12:02 AM

I did not purchase a HIDs kit or anything. I just bought projector headlamps..., the entire assembly from dirrtydevil on E-bay and then bought the HID bulbs to finish the look. I bought H7 HID light bulbs which I thought you could put in any headlamp as long as it is for H7 bulbs. Is that right???? [&:] Right now I have the stock "yellowish" H7 bulbs in the projector lamps since my HID basically shattered. So far the stock ones did not burn out. I just wonder if I bought some cheap HID bulbs or if I am only suppose to use HID bulbs in a HIDs socket. The projectors are pretty cool and worth the $332 I paid (that includes shipping). I want to stay away from buying the head kit because of the cost. If I can get away with just adding HID Super White bulbs for my new projector headlamps, I am fine with that. If you know what bulbs I can use with my projectors that won't burn out, please let me know. I want bright white with a blue tint. I will take pics of the projectors for you tomorrow and post them.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:59 AM

ORIGINAL: c70girl

I did not purchase a HIDs kit or anything. I just bought projector headlamps..., the entire assembly from dirrtydevil on E-bay and then bought the HID bulbs to finish the look. I bought H7 HID light bulbs which I thought you could put in any headlamp as long as it is for H7 bulbs. Is that right???? [&:] Right now I have the stock "yellowish" H7 bulbs in the projector lamps since my HID basically shattered. So far the stock ones did not burn out. I just wonder if I bought some cheap HID bulbs or if I am only suppose to use HID bulbs in a HIDs socket. The projectors are pretty cool and worth the $332 I paid (that includes shipping). I want to stay away from buying the head kit because of the cost. If I can get away with just adding HID Super White bulbs for my new projector headlamps, I am fine with that. If you know what bulbs I can use with my projectors that won't burn out, please let me know. I want bright white with a blue tint. I will take pics of the projectors for you tomorrow and post them.
1. You cannot just use an HID H7 bulb in your stock system. You have to buy a whole HID kit, ballasts, etc... This is so they work properly.

2. If you want a bulb that works get some Sylvania Silverstars.

3. But if you want HID's you cannot just buy the bulbs. You have to buy the whole set.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you want the kind of headlights that blind the heck out of people when they are coming towards them on a two lane road, especially when it's raining. Personally I think there should be a law against those extra bright headlights.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: JimKW

Sounds like you want the kind of headlights that blind the heck out of people when they are coming towards them on a two lane road, especially when it's raining. Personally I think there should be a law against those extra bright headlights.
In most states there is.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:50 PM

Any pictures?

Old 10-21-2006, 02:12 AM

You got a PM c70girl

Old 10-21-2006, 02:14 AM

1. You sign up, make a free account.

2. Next go to UPLOAD PIX tab, click it.

3. Search for your files on your PC and click BROWSE and then when your done click UPLOAD PICS NOW

4. They will upload, then go to, MANAGE PHOTOS. Click the tab.

5. Then look which album they are in. Open the album up bu clicking on, PICS.

6. You images will appear in the album.

7. Click on the image, let it load. Once the bigger image loads right click it and click on COPY IMAGE LOCATION.

8. Then come over here and click on, IMAGE in a message window. Will look like this, [IMG][/IMG]. Paste the image location in between those IMAGE TAGS.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:52 AM

Well I can't seem to get the pictures of the crystal projectors I just installed on my 2001 C70. Hopefully S70driver can do it for me. About blinding people with the HIDS..., no I don't want to blind anyone. Actually they don't seem THAT bright to me. I like the blue tint they give out. I have the stocks now in my projectors and it just looks HALF DONE! It doesn't make sense to have projectors and then have yellow light beaming out at them! The company I bought my so-called HID bulbs from are going to mail me another pair. It may just do the same thing. I've had some before though (Xenon Super White) and I had them for about 6 months or so before they burned out..., maybe even slightly longer. I have daytime running lights so they were on constantly when I drove the car. I may have to get the HID kit, I just can't now. I'll put it on my wish list! I want to get the projector parking lamps next.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:57 AM

I got your PM. Did you get my link I sent you for the pictures?

Old 10-21-2006, 11:50 AM

ORIGINAL: c70girl

I got your PM. Did you get my link I sent you for the pictures?
Yes I did.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:01 PM
Default 2008 Volvo C70 Headlight adjustment

This is a mechanical adjustment - not computer set

Open hood
Remove the headlamp body slide (piece of stainless running vertically holding headlight in place)
Gently work the headlight body out starting with the side closest to radiator then the side towards the outer fender
I left the electrical connected so I could see which way to turn the adjustment ****
Look for the two off-white studs - Some will still have a white cap over the off-white studs (when looking at the assembly from the top) - remove these white caps if its still there- it slides straight up. These are lock caps only

The adjustment holes are actually metric Allen wrench screws immediately lower on the headlight body
The low beam is the screw hole closest to the radiator (furthest from the low beam position). Adjustment upwards is clockwise when facing the screw
The high beam is a smaller Allen wrench screw immediately lower from the other off-white stud
Replace white lock caps when you are done and gently slide headlight assembly back into hole
Replace the slider metal back in its slot