Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo C70
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2010, 10:32 AM

Default c70 ets light

I recently purchased a 2000 c70. The ets light came on, went to volvo had the new software downloaded and the light went off for about 100 miles - now it is back on. I have been driving about 8 months with this light on and the car runs fine. I don't care much for warning lights - they don't bother me - I paid 4000 for the car and volvo wants $1300 for a new ets module. I've read where sometime they only last for a year. Anybody drive theres into the ground with this light on?
Old 12-02-2010, 02:39 PM

If it goes you will be stranded. I don't think you can pass smog with this light on (at least here in California). There is a company that can rebuild your existing ETS called Xemodex. I believe they replace the mechanical parts that wear out with electronic equivalents. I haven't tried them but when my ETS comes on that is the path I'm going down.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:21 AM

Default throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by c70junk View Post
I recently purchased a 2000 c70. The ets light came on, went to volvo had the new software downloaded and the light went off for about 100 miles - now it is back on. I have been driving about 8 months with this light on and the car runs fine. I don't care much for warning lights - they don't bother me - I paid 4000 for the car and volvo wants $1300 for a new ets module. I've read where sometime they only last for a year. Anybody drive theres into the ground with this light on?
they will last longer than a year but have some unfixable issues .Moisture is one and the inability to read the pots in the module after a while .Usually throttle response goes all together .There is extended warranty up to 100k .Later brit ..
Old 12-27-2010, 06:58 PM

The ETS light on my '98 C70 Coupe (2.5t LPT) comes to magazines. They also hunt, while idling. I checked out of a Volvo engineer who thought the problem could throttle the Volvo Control Module (TCM) and the unit should be replaced rather than the pedal or «drive-by-wire" system.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:58 PM

Tags
2000, 70, c70, car, charger, drive, drives, ets, fine, idles, light, smog, test, volvo, warning