Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo C70
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2010, 03:10 AM
2001 Volvo C70

Send a message via AIM to sb88c70
Default Hey All...Need Some Help

Hi everyone! New around here, just bought my first volvo, even though i live in a volvo family. Mom has an S80, Dad, an XC70 and my Brother, an 850. I just bought a C70 and i love her. Just want to introduce myself. Do not know a whole lot about cars or volvos, but am slowly learning and want to learn, and mod her out a bit. She`s in fine shape, one owner, dealer kept, bought with 91,000 miles. I am missing one of the covers for the front tow eyelets and it is bugging me, anyone know where to get one? I tried IPD with no luck.....also, any suggestions on my first upgrade/mod?
Old 01-06-2010, 11:13 AM

Default Tow eyelet cover....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb88c70 View Post
Hi everyone! New around here, just bought my first volvo, even though i live in a volvo family. Mom has an S80, Dad, an XC70 and my Brother, an 850. I just bought a C70 and i love her. Just want to introduce myself. Do not know a whole lot about cars or volvos, but am slowly learning and want to learn, and mod her out a bit. She`s in fine shape, one owner, dealer kept, bought with 91,000 miles. I am missing one of the covers for the front tow eyelets and it is bugging me, anyone know where to get one? I tried IPD with no luck.....also, any suggestions on my first upgrade/mod?

Welcome and it sounds like you picked up a nice example of these somewhat rare Coupes.

The tow eyelet covers are available through the dealer and aren't terribly expensive. I believe they come already painted. You should try contacting Waltrip Volvo and ask for Don or Jamie in parts. 1-800-689-0021; or try your local Volvo dealership.

Best of luck with your Coupe!

Cheers,

Ted
90 Audi V8 quattro
86 Audi Coupe GT
Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome. You could also try salvage yards for the piece.

2007 Mercedes C230 Sport Mars Red
2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT
2003 Saab 9-3
1996 Chevy Tahoe
2000 Ranger R83 Bass Boat
Old 01-06-2010, 01:57 PM

Waltrip has good prices on their parts with quick shipping. I recall the tow hook covers being around 7 or 8 bucks. Think they come unpainted though, but I could be wrong.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:14 PM
2001 Volvo C70

Send a message via AIM to sb88c70

Thanks guys, will try that....while i have you all here, anybody have any experience with OBX exhausts? ive heard mixed things, i dont want my fine swedish car to sound like a rice rocket, but hey the prices are right and im kinda on the fence.....
Old 01-06-2010, 05:14 PM

Tags
05, buy, c70, cover, darrell, eyelet, forum, jersey, parts, s40, s60, s70, towing, volvo, waltrip