Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Turbo Boost Pressure Sensor Replacement !

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rokita
im having two codes pop up when i plug in my code reader, p0236 & p0237, i have already changed the TCV but that didnt help and i have a MAF sensor on the way hoping that will fix it. i just hate throwing parts at this car and not knowing if im changing the right one. Is there a way to check if any of the sensors are good or bad?
Hi..I had to replace my turbo booster sensor before the 0236 and 0237 code went away. As far as the second part of your question I can't answer that, have you tried an overall search of the net?

Old 02-13-2014, 07:52 AM

Yes CarMom i have combed the web, there seems to be 4 sensores that come up with the codes p0236 & p0237. The TCV, MAF and the two MAP sensors. I have already changed the MAF and TCV sensors since my last post but that did not clear the code, i have one of the two MAP sensors on the way and will try to swap one at a time. hoping just one may be at fault as they are $80 a peice.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:17 PM

This will not solve your problem but we seem to be having similar faults so I thought any answers people add might help us both.
My '52 S60 failed to start a few weeks ago. RAC said it came up with two faults. Air mass and turbo boost sensor so he removed them both and cleaned them. Seemed ok for couple of weeks but is experiencing poor start up, especially when cold. Revs briefly hit 1000 then drop to 500, sometimes going back up, other times stalling. Other times it seems ok until I pull away. Even with a steady accelerator, the revs dip and rise. No pulling power. Goes away after about 1/4 mile so I guess it's something to do with cold start/auto-choke (or whatever they call it nowadays).
Just fitted a new air mass meter but not improved.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:51 AM
Default 2002 Volvo S80 T6 Boost Pressure Sensor Licartiob

Originally Posted by CarMom
I managed to find where this sensor is located thanks to due diligence and further searching of the internet.

Thanks
Hi,

I have been looking where the boost pressure sensor location unsuccessfully on my 2002 S80 T6...Can anyone help please?

Old 09-06-2017, 01:47 PM
Question 0236 and 0237 codes; CAN'T FIND BOOST SENSOR

I have a 2002 Volvo V70 XC with a 5 cylinder, turbo 4.4 engine. It has had a stalling issue. It stalls when coming out of a stop, sometimes when turning tight corners at low RPMs, occasionally when coasting down a hill. It always comes back to these 0236 and 0237 codes.

I have replaced the TCV, air filter, MAF earlier and today, upon the recommendation of a local non-dealer Volvo mechanic , I even replaced the throttle body (electronic throttle module - ETM) with a new Bosch OEM part that does not require remapping. (This mechanic seemed dubious that those codes could cause a stall. I have read enough in these forums to think otherwise, but still out of desperation replaced the ETM, figuring at 115K miles, it probably needed to be done anyway.) I disconnected the battery before replacing the ETM which has thus far reset the check engine light, but on my short drive, it mostly ran well but seemed to still be stumbling a bit (not noticeable on tachometer, but feels and sounds like it is missing occasionally). It is possible that this has repaired the car and perhaps the car is still learning the throttle position. (ETM did have some carbon build-up.)

From my research, I got the impression that the Turbo Boost Sensor could be the problem and purchased a Bosch with the number 0 261 230 090. Fitment was supposed to be right.

The problem is that I CANNOT FIND THE BOOST SENSOR on the car to replace. Several schematics I saw showed it on top of the intercooler outlet to which the pipe running to the ETM attaches. Another schematic I found showed it close to the intercooler inlet (from turbo) on the passenger side. My car does not have this part in either location.

It is puzzling because I just had quite a bit of my engine out on the pavement when doing the ETM replacement and could see nothing of this Turbo Boost Sensor.

Now, I DO see the MAP sensor (looks like Bosch part no. W0133-1660915) on the pipe from the intercooler to the ETM, but this is a completely different part from what I have purchased. It seems like the MAP sensor could also be my culprit, but I have a new boost sensor ready to install.

Can somebody please help me to locate the Boost Sensor on my car?

Old 09-09-2017, 01:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Monkey613268
OK,
just for anyone whose interested, my replacement MAP sensor arrived today.

I fitted in within 2 minutes. Plugged in the code reader. Turned on the ignition, cleared the codes....and the Engine Management Light went off. I turned the engine over and it revved erratically for a couple of minutes and then settled down. The light stayed off. I re-scanned. No codes. I turned off the engine and re-set the machine. Then turned it over again and re-scanned. No codes.

I'm presuming it's now fixed although I haven't aken it out for a blast yet. That'll be done on the way to work in the morning.

Cheers for the help to those who replied,

Ste.
Excellent troubleshooting! Smart man saved a lot of quid!!!!!

Old 10-22-2017, 10:24 PM

mcfredly..
youre boost sensor might be the same as map sensor.