Originally Posted by Rvk
I recently service my S40 at the local mechanic (not Volvo as they are too far away) and they didn't reset the computer. Every time I start the car, a message comes on saying 'service needed.' Does anyone know how to reset this yourself to the next scheduled service?
I fused the following on my '06 s40:
This procedure was found in the V50 forum ...
1. Press and hold trip odometer reset button
2. Turn ignition key to run position KPII (not the start position)
3. Wait 30 seconds or until service light begins blinking
4. Release Trip Odometer button
5. Turn ignition to off position