Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

Light problems/Xenon/now wipers >> HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light problems/Xenon/now wipers >> HELP!!

Hello there,

Iīm new to the forum and I need your help. My brotherīs girlfriend has a 2006 S40 and haves a BIG problem. As noted by other owners, the low beams are very weak and almost useless at night.

https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-s40-11/s40-weak-low-beams-47708/

We got a H7 Xenon kit for the low beams hoping to get better lighting but it never worked and the problems started.

When the lights are turned on they only stay on for 20 seconds and then shut off. We later found out the the alternator wasnīt working correctly and would not generate a constant voltage. We installed the normal lights and took it to get the alternator repaired.

With the alternator repaired and working perfectly, we installed the xenon kit again. The same thing happened: Lights would stay on for only 20secs and then shut off. If we try one more time they flicker and then shut off.

Now the worst part: All of a sudden, while trying on to see what was going on, the windshield wipers started working in the fastest setting!! We ran to the inside of the car to shut them off but they were in the off position. We disconnected the battery and then reconnected it. Now, the wipers donīt even work. We checked the fuses but they are all ok.

Obviously we decided to ditch the idea of the xenon kit. But now we have the problem of the wipers not working.

What can be done?
What should we check?
Is this car so intolerable to the Xenon light kit?

Please help!

Albert

Old 01-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem with the wiper. I turned on my fog light and the wiper started to work really fast and I disconnected the battery. Now the wiper motor is dead and I will have to change it.

for the light, you will need to buy a (problem HID canceler). Its like a capacitor that ajust the voltage etc... you can find it on Ebay for pretty low price. It works for me.