Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Looking for: How-to on how to change timing belt and water pump

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for: How-to on how to change timing belt and water pump

Hello all, I am wanting to change my timing belt with tensioners and water pump. How difficult is this? I have replaced a water pump on a Mustang before but never worked on a timing belt. Is this something relatively straight forward or should I take it to a shop? I couldn't find anything using the search function. Thank you.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maximus from the 915
Hello all, I am wanting to change my timing belt with tensioners and water pump. How difficult is this? I have replaced a water pump on a Mustang before but never worked on a timing belt. Is this something relatively straight forward or should I take it to a shop? I couldn't find anything using the search function. Thank you.
This is not a job to do as the first time. The job is straight forward if you have replaced a TB before. Make sure that you replace the idler Pulley as well . The belt is not what fails most time its the tensioners/pully. Look at European Car Parts Online Catalog & Free Shipping | FCP Euro great deals on the whole kit .i suggest that you replace the water pump at the same time. Then find a local shop that will allow you to use your own parts. Its a 3 hr or so job. There was a you-tube Vid that some one made doing the TB on an S60 R but i cant seem to find it now. They are just about the same as far as what needs to be done. GL and be careful if you decide to do this yourself.Not a job that can be done any way but 100% right or No more car.