Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo S60
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2010, 09:22 PM

Unhappy Hard Shifting in 2nd Gear

I am having issues with my cars shifting. When going from 1 to 2nd gear it shifts very hard. I have taken it to the shop and replaced many things such as having a power flush done to it, changed an cv axle, also replacing the bottom mount and none of this is helping the issue. I feel as though we are playing a guessing game and it is not fixing the issue. The shop told me to keep driving it nothing is wrong but it is starting to shift harder and it is starting to scare me when driving it. There are no msgs on the system to indicate the problem so i am at a lost here. Can someone please help me. Any information would be greatly appreacited. Please, please, please I have a 2004 volvo s60

Last edited by channel27; 09-22-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:23 AM

Shifting issues can someone please help me?
Old 09-23-2010, 02:50 PM
2006 Volvo XC90

What kind of transmission fluid did they use?

2005 S60 2.5T
2006 XC90 2.5T AWD
Old 09-23-2010, 03:11 PM

Thats the first question what type of fluid.I hope it has JWS3309 specs ?This car should be drained/filled Via the Radiator 2qts. out 2 qts in Im not sure what Power flush is/How many qts did they use.The trany takes 12 to do a complete flush.But other than that 1st check your lower trany mount.The bushing can go and the trany will slip.Most times 2-3.Its located front of the car you will see the bushing almost middel just in front of the skidplate.If that looks ok call the stealership in your area with your VIN and see if theirs a software update for you car.I just went threw a Trany issue that almost had me replace the Trany but all it needed was the update.$4500 for new Trany or $80 for update.

Last edited by MYS6T; 09-23-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:11 PM

Tags
2004, 2006, 90, c70, car, forum, gear, geartronic, hard, problem, shift, shifting, v70, volvo, xc