Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo S60
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2011, 04:32 PM

Default Low beam headlight replacement issue, Volvo s60 2005. HELP!

Okay, I have spent hours on trying to replace the low beam headlight on my passenger side. yes its a very tight squeze to get my fingers in there. As far as I can tell the 2005 model does NOT have the metal clip holder. I can feel the bulb and look throught the front headlight as i turn to release it... but I cannot get it to pull out completely.. its as if one of the three metal "flaps" on the bulb is too big to be pulled out. Seems simple enough but I cannot get the bulb out.. help!!! Am I missing something?
Old 05-21-2011, 02:38 PM

No one has any input? I have changed numerous bulbs on this car as well as changed oil, transmission fluids ect.. I am pretty handy but cant figure this one out... I am going to try again later today.. there must be a trick to it..
Old 05-21-2011, 05:30 PM

thanks for all the expert advice.... anyways...

for the next person.. once I looked at the other one I figured out that there was a tiny little piece of metal at a 90 degree angle that i must have bent when I turned the lightbulb and it was preventing the bulb from coming out now since it was flat and blocking part of the hole.. I jammed a thin screwdrive in the edge from behind and was able to bend it back and pull out the light bulb with ease... actually they are a peice of cake to change even with very little room.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:30 PM

Tags
2005, beam, bulb, bulbs, change, changing, headlight, headlights, install, low, repair, replacing, s60, tight, volvo