Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo S60
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2008, 08:52 AM

Default S60 2003 2.4T throwing P2407 code

I left for work yesterday morning and upon starting my 2003 S60 2.4T, the Check Engine Light came on. When I went to have the diagnostic code pulled at Pep Boys, they told me it was P2407 - Evaporative Emissions System Leak Detection Pump Sensor Circuit Intermittent / Erratic. Now that is a mouthful! Can anyone out there put this into simpler terms for me? Or has anyone else had this same problem? My car only has 63,000 miles on it. I've read some other postings where some people had mentioned the gas cap gasket. I've inspected that and it looks fine. Should I disconnect the battery and reconnect it to see if the Check Engine Light stays off, or might this problem be something else? Thanks!
Old 12-07-2008, 11:25 AM

Default RE: S60 2003 2.4T throwing P2407 code

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery will not cause the light to come off.

I know, I have had the SRS Air Bag error for a month and lost battery power this week, the light is still on.

You'll have to have the problem taken care of.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to TedH

if the gas cap was loose for a period of time it can cause an evap code...that will usually cause an evap emission small leak or large leak code to come on, i usualy work on domestic cars so i dont know if that would be the same as Evaporative Emissions System Leak Detection Pump Sensor Circuit Intermittent / Erratic...did they clear the code when you took it in? that is the only way the light will go off but if the problem is other than a gas cap the light will just come back on. you need someone to do ferther diagnostics on the evap system if the code was cleared and came back.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Got Boost?
1982 Volvo 244
My Garage

Info from VADIS

P2407 (ECM-431D) Leak diagnostic unit
Possible source
Signal missing:
-Contact resistance in the terminals
-Blocked hose between the leak diagnostic pump and the EVAP canister
-Defective leak diagnostic unit.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:25 AM

Tags
2003, 24t, 431d, battery, code, codes, detection, diagnostic, leak, location, p2407, pump, s60, volvo, xc90