Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo S60
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Stalling Problems

My daughter purchased a 2002 Volvo S60 in November. Since November, it has stalled on her unexpectedly about a dozen times. No warning lights of any kind come on. She has taken it to two different automotive garages. The computer detects no problems whatsoever. They try to get the car to stall again by taking it for a drive, but of course, it never does. She can go a couple weeks without it stalling. Any ideas?
Old 03-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Default RE: Stalling Problems

Has she had the latest software upgrades from the Dealer?
1994 N/A 5-speed wagon Purple (daughters)
Old 03-07-2007, 11:21 AM

She was told that her car was not on the list for the recall. Hers was the last model actually manufactured by Volvo before Ford took over.

Linda
Old 03-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Administrator

The recall was from 1999 to 2002 or 2003 cars.
Maybe she had it done already?
Old 03-09-2007, 12:27 PM

Double checked with a Volvo dealer and her car is under the warranty for the recall - thanks!!!

Linda
Old 03-09-2007, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:10 AM

Is the following the same issue your daughter was having? Btw, It is a 2003 s60, with approx 27000 miles.

My 2003 s60 has shut off on me twice in the last month. It is always right after it is started up, and driven for approximately 5 minutes or so. It usually happens at the first or second stop I come too. It starts right back up, but is very temperamental. Luckily, I have managed to make it home each time, but only after letting the car rest for a few minutes. It's almost as if I have to let the car warm up for a a lil while, and it's not even cold outside. I took it too a repair shop that specializes in Volvos after the first time, but nothing was found wrong. They even commented, saying that I bought a great car. Any answers are appreciated.?

Old 05-03-2007, 02:36 PM

Hey guys...

I called Volvo, and supposedly my car is under the warranty as well...However, it turns out that that wasn't the problem. Thanks to this site, I did some research and gave my mechanic several things to look for, one being the fuel pressure sensor and that's what it ended up being. My mechanic told me that I shouldn't have an ETM problem, because mine is mfg by bosch? Sound right? My car is once again in the shop, getting my starter relays replaced, I also had a problem with it starting. I'm just hoping that after these two quick fixes, I don't have any problems for a while. Just wanted to say thanks, this site is awesome and I look forward to learning about my ride more and more.

Nicolas
Old 05-03-2007, 02:36 PM

Tags
02, 2002, 20022007, 2003, 2007, car, codes, dealers, problem, problems, recalls, s60, stall, stalled, stalling, stalls, t5, volvo, volvos