Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo S60
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2011, 05:52 PM

Default Volvo s60 Maintenance Cost

How much would an old volvo s60 100k miles+ cost to maintain until it hits 200k miles?

What are some of the things that usually break/require maintenance with Volvos when they get old?
Old 01-31-2011, 06:08 PM
2002 Volvo S60

motor mounts, drive belts, drive pulleys, and the instrument cluster..those are the four major things i ran into. General regular maintenance should keep ur volvo happy. As with any car..some things happen.

Last edited by sktrmoss; 01-31-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:11 PM

How much did all of that cost you?

Also what if you dont do the "General Maintenance" on the car, will it really shorten its life span for the S60? The only maintenance on my old camry that was done: Timing belt, Brakes, and oil change for up to 200k+ miles...Im guessing those "General Maintenance" for the S60 is pretty much required then huh?

Last edited by ezkils; 01-31-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:27 PM
2002 Volvo S60

Motor mounts cost about $65 and up depending on brand and which one is bad, Drive belt costs about $20, drive pulleys cost about $65 and Up, instrument cluster..i am still working on resolving that issue...i refuse to pay dealership $1400. I get a great deal on labor because i know a great mechanic. Check online for part prices in your area.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 PM

What year? 01-02 have Trany issues so if your in the market look at 03+. I have an 03 and to date 111,000 miles. Break booster($300) CoilPacks ($300)Timming belt kit W/waterPump ($300)Trany Flush($100) and other than Oil changes every 3000 miles thats it.The prices are parts only i did the work my self. If you a handy guy these car are not difficult to maintain yourself.Also http://www.fcpgroton.com/ For Parts. One of the best $$ you will find. I have yet to order something that they were not the cheapest for OME part and stock just about everything you will ever need.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 PM

Tags
100k, average, change, checkup, cost, costs, mainta, maintain, maintenance, mile, oil, price, regular, s60, service, volvo