Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2004 S 60 2.5T No fuel,, Help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2004 S 60 2.5T No fuel,, Help please

My son owns a 2004 S 60 2.5T, he went to get the vehicle inspected at jiffy lube, the inspector while testing the brakes slammed on the brakes, it stalled and will not start up anymore. He was low on fuel so I think it is the fuel pump which sucked up crap, however I have been noticing that some Volvo's have relays that go bad. I have tried to look it up on-line but can't seem to hammer down a definite location of a relay on this year. Yes it has the metal tank but doesn't have a fuel pump access under the rear seat as all others seem to. It will start with starter fluid, the schrader valve on the fuel rail has zero fuel in it, the one fuel pump fuse (33) in the drivers side fuse bank is fine and has power.
Please help.........

Old 04-16-2016, 01:44 PM
Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Googled it and found this. Funny they didn't agree on it, but it's a start.
http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...ic.php?t=36534

If you're going to keep the car a while I think it's really worthwhile to go ahead and buy the factory service information for it. Good habit to get into. The fuel pump relay certainly would be suspect. Also being out of gas is suspect. I used to have a vehicle that would trip its "crash fuel shutdown switch" spuriously (by slamming on brakes) and that would have been awful if I hadn't figured it out. It was not a volvo.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:24 AM

So, I found the PEM which was on the passenger side top front of the tank. I also found the fuel pump access panel under the back passenger right back cushion. I just wanted to let all know where to look since info on this is scant to say the least. Now I just need to test current to the fuel pump leads.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:18 AM

Thanks Firebirdparts,

I am at wits-end with this vehicle, so I am towing it to the local college my son is attending for his ASE certification. I believe the SRS has triggered the crash cut-off so it will need to be reset. They have all the tools to troubleshoot the black box that controls the black box etc......

Old 04-26-2016, 11:05 PM

Ok, I was right, when I could find nothing wrong electrically it led me to believe that the SRS system locked up the fuel system because it thought the vehicle was in a crash. So, lessons learned; if fuse for fuel pump is good, the relay works as advertised, the pump operates with direct 12 v applied and there are SRS messages on the dash, most likely the Fuel system has been turned off by the darn black boxes. I also called jiffy lube and chastised them for excessive braking when doing vehicle inspections. Thanks for the help folks, only one person responded to my post but I also read allot of the other threads.