Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2016 S60 Inscription - very disappointed. Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 S60 Inscription - very disappointed. Questions.

I loved my 2012 S60 so much that when my lease was up, I went right out and leased a 2016 S60 Inscription. Now, I'm not happy that I did - you know how when they make something good, they screw it up later on trying to make it fancier? They did just that.
I'm quite a geek and can usually figure out most electronics quite intuitively. There are a few features on the new system that I can't find or they just deleted. Manuals are useless. Maybe you all can help me:

1. Voice control - where's the simple voice navigate home command? All I can do is do it with manual clicks or set home as a personal stored location destination and go through 3 voice prompts to get there. I used to say "navigate to stored location - home." Doesn't work now.
2. How do I assign speed dial contacts to number keys on the keypad? Can't find the option.
3. Audio fade out doesn't work despite being checked. Nav speaks with radio on.
4. The engine auto-stop turns off engine as soon as speedometer hits zero. Pulling into my garage, I have to go very slowly, start and stop. Engine shuts off and starts and off if I don't disable it every time. Annoying.
5.Parking assist beeps are very irregular and unreliable. I used to pull in to my garage and could rely on beeps speeding up to guide me when to stop. Now irregular and unreliable.
6. Lane assist is cute but when set for vibration, can hardly differentiate it from road vibration.
7. There used to be a FAV option to mute voice guidance - that's gone.
8. Can't customize trip computer options that you want to show at same time, like distance till empty and T1.
9. Comes with ridiculous "guides" rather than full manuals. In- dash help is useless, so hard to navigate through.

I'm sure there are many more things I'll find soon - this is just a start. Help on any of them would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 12-08-2015, 12:17 AM

I don't use the voice prompts and use Siri and Google maps on my phone for those functions, so I can't help you with most of your questions.

I have found a solution for auto off when I do not want it. Flip the shift to Sport mode...engine will turn off when stopped.

John

Old 09-19-2016, 12:49 PM

I'm seeing the same annoying things too.

Apart from that, for some reason, the songs I play from my phone via bluetooth breaks.
Never seen this problem in my old car.

If I'm using maps and I want to cut the call that is running in the background - is there a better option than to navigate back to Tel and exit? Any option that doesn't require me to take my eyes off the road?