Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

All Rear Speakers behind driver seat quit working

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All Rear Speakers behind driver seat quit working

I have a 2004 Volvo s60
2 12" subs
1400 watt amp
L.O.C setup
Factory HU

So I had everything working just fine the subs sounded great. Then all of the sudden everything cut out except the front two door speakers. If I turn the volume all the way up you can barely hear anything out of the back with out the volume all the way. If I fade it to the back there is no sound unless turned all the way up and even like that you can barely hear it. I don't know what else to do besides taking it to a shop which I don't have the money for. Only speakers working are the front two..Please help

Thanks

Old 02-21-2011, 11:39 AM

Also for got to mention, I have checked every fuse and they are all good. That is whats driving me nutz

Old 02-21-2011, 09:03 PM

Sounds like you lost your amp output.

It is not likely that all the rear speakers failed or "broke" at the same time. The speakers would fail one by one.

Try jumping known good output (front) to the problem speakers (rear), just to see the speakers work.

Have you been playing this loud?
Did your amp go overtemp?
Does the amp have any kind of reset?

Hmmm.....

Last edited by JDusza; 02-21-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:47 PM

yeah I was playing it kinda loud when all the rear speakers cut out but Ive been doing that for months and no problem. This may be a dumb question but can you explain how the amp could mess with the speakers that its being ran from. I thought that it was just using the speakers to know when to hit. Its my back two door speakers and the back two deck speakers (the ones I have the LOC hooked to) that are not working.

Also I should run a wire from the front speaker to the back speaker just to see if it still works right?

Old 02-22-2011, 06:39 AM

"may be a dumb question but can you explain how the amp could mess with the speakers that its being ran from. I thought that it was just using the speakers to know when to hit."

The speakers do not run the amp. The amp runs the speakers. If the amp is run too loud for too long, heat build up may cause the amp to shut-down. Something about protecting against fire...., go figure.....
Check the amp literature to see if there's a reset button on the amp itself. With the car fuses in tact, I suspect a blown fuse internal to the amp or blown resistor.

If you wait an hour will the sound return or are you completely off?

I do not know what you mean when you say you thought the amp was using to speakers to know when to hit. Hit what? Try again, please...

Also, I am not familiar with L. O. C. Please explain.

And, yes, take a jumper wire and go from front to back speaker to see if the back one still works. I think it will.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:03 AM

Did a little research to find out what LOC is. Lone Out Converter - OK, got it.
You should have some literature with the amp explaining how to wire to your stereo. Review again for proper routing, especially the polarity.
Are the + / - to the speakers consistent? Have you crossed + and -?

Also, you may google "radio harness" or "car stereo harness" and find more info. And, caraudio.com has a forum you can try.

Without a schematic, I am just about out of gas....
Sorry.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:00 AM

if it work for so long and stopped suddenly it sound like you burned your radio output for the rear. Take the radio out open it and conect two wires from the speaker to the rear output in the radio. and if the sound is low than is messed up.