Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

lights don't flash when doors locked

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lights don't flash when doors locked

I have a 2001 s60, the lights have always flashed when I lock the doors or close the trunk when the doors are locked, and I recently noticed that the lights are no longer flashing when I lock the doors. Does anyone know if this is a simple setting I can turn back on or is it something I have to go to the dealer for? Also the front passenger side turn signal works as a turn signal, but it does not light up as a running light for some reason when the car is running. Hopefully I don't have a major electrical problem with my lights but I starting to think that’s the problem. Any advice on what the problem is and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 08-31-2006, 08:42 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: lights don't flash when doors locked

Did you try a new Bulb in the light?

For the lights flashing try locking in a very Dark area and see if any of the lights inside stay lit.

A door lock mey be going bad.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:48 PM

hey tech,

thanks for the response, today i popped the hood and wiggled a few wires next to the front headlight assembly and checked the fuses, keep in mind i know little to nothing about cars, and for some reason now the lights flash when i lock my doors. so thats one problem solved, but the front orange light still doesn't work as a running light. i already tried replacing the bulb and that didn't work, it works when i put the turn signal on and lock the doors, but will not light up as a running light or when i hit the yellow button on my key fob. do you have any other ideas as to what it could be?

Old 09-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Maybe a dirty connection in the plug or the socket.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:46 PM

On the s60 the lights will not flash when locking if the hood or trunk is not fully latched. The doors will lock, but no flash. When you opened the hood to check the bulb & wiring, you probably closed the hood firmly and now the lights flash. I had this happen to me with the trunk - I thought it was closed, but it had not latched.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:33 PM

MN2.5T,

you couldn't be more right, if i gently close the hood, the lights don't flash but if i close the hood with a little force the lights will flash when the doors lock. i guess the hood latch is a little more sensative than i thought. thanks for the advice, it had been driving me crazy trying to figure it out, just glad i didn't take the car to the dealer, i would have felt like an idiot not to metion what they would have charged me to tell me to close the hood harder.