Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Please let me know what you think

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Please let me know what you think

http://vehicleville.com/vehicles/sho...=Search&page=1

or

http://vehicleville.com/vehicles/sho...=Search&page=1

I'm already in talks with the nice folks there about the white 2001. I just noticed the Red 2004 tonight though. I was planning on calling them tomorrow afternoon.

I would have to have either car shipped to me from Florida ($850 to $950). Any thoughts on getting a car sight unseen (virtually).

They seem like really nice folks and I am not worried about dealing with them at all. Just about buying a car from a distance. But, I cannot find anything local with such low miles for any better. These really are some of the nicest I have seen and I have been looking for some time....
Can anyone point out the main differences between a 2001 T5 and a 2004 2.5T? I understand horsepower is one thing, but how about anything else? Not much has changed in the S60 over that time has it?
Thank you!

Last edited by emtownsend; 06-07-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:25 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I think another member tried to buy a car from them and had problems with that Dealer.
Found out the car had been in a accident and they did not know anything about it or said anything about it.

You might want to find someone in the area to do an inspection on the car first.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by tech
You might want to find someone in the area to do an inspection on the car first.
+1....especially if another member tried and had issues!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:28 AM

Like Tech said, and personally, I wouldn't buy a car without seeing it personally or having a PPI done.

Maybe these sites could help...
http://www.carchex.com/
http://www.autoinspectionservices.net/

Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a carfax and if you can find someone local to inspect and drive the car. If it checks out then you can get serious about it.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:00 AM

The 2001 did have a CarFax done and it was clean. No accidents and all services done on time.
Tough call... I'll do a bunch more research on this board looking for that member.
Also the car comes with a 3 month, 3,000 warranty at the dealer of my choice if that helps.
Thanks all! I'll let you know!

Old 06-07-2009, 12:33 PM

Just because its not on CarFax, doesn't mean that it wasn't in an accident! When a vehicle is in an accident AND a claim was filed thru an insurance company then it will show up on CarFax or CCC (dealer equivalent of CarFax)..If a vehicle was in a wreck and someone paid out of pocket to fix, then it wont show up..I would say either contract one of those inspection services where the tech goes out and sends you a report OR have a member that is aware of pointing out bodywork, paintwork and mechanicals look at it for U.. Good Luck.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Somthngfrce
Just because its not on CarFax, doesn't mean that it wasn't in an accident! When a vehicle is in an accident AND a claim was filed thru an insurance company then it will show up on CarFax or CCC (dealer equivalent of CarFax)..If a vehicle was in a wreck and someone paid out of pocket to fix, then it wont show up..I would say either contract one of those inspection services where the tech goes out and sends you a report OR have a member that is aware of pointing out bodywork, paintwork and mechanicals look at it for U.. Good Luck.

Man I would be indebted if a member of this board went and looked! I'm too new to have anyone to ask. Any info on an inspection service? Sounds like a worthwhile investment....
Thanks

Old 06-07-2009, 06:10 PM

I was just down there last week too... If you would have been a week earlier in your post, I would have swung by. I wonder whom else is down there?

Old 06-08-2009, 01:21 AM

After much looking locally, tons of reading, and calling this dealer, I am still considering the red 2004. It is sharper looking IMO than the 2001 plus a bit newer. I will be talking tomorrow with the dealer. He is going to do a walk around with me on the phone. I'm going to ask for more detailed pics too. I'll report back!

Old 06-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nothing personal, but go to the video outlet and rent a copy of Dirty Harry. You'll immediately recognize the importance of a philosophical question he asks a perp when explaining the firepower of his .44 Magnum. "You've got to ask yourself a question: 'do I feel lucky?'. Well, do you, punk?" That is a wise philosophical question as applied to
long distance, no inspection car purchases.

Read through the threads in detail, paying particular attention to transmission issues. No CarFax in the world is going to tell you that the 01's trans is going to disintegrate soon if that is the case. (That's just an example). Go to ebaymotors where I think you can order an independent inspection of a vehicle. Don't know if that applies to cars not ebaymotors listed, however. And, depending on the angle of photography, door dings and small paint chips won't necessarily show up in photographs. On the other hand, the service records are a plus.

For what its worth, S60's got better annually in Consumer Reports to where they became "better than average" circa '04 or '05. Those apply only to the masses of cars, not individual vehicles, however.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:33 PM

I think I will look into independent inspectors...

Old 06-11-2009, 12:18 AM

I hired an inspector. He is to be there first thing in the morning (Thursday). Cost me $125, but it will be worth the piece of mind.
They are offering me a 3 month warranty for $285 too. I may take it too.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:46 PM
Default VehicleVille in Florida

So what ended up happening with the purchase from Vehicleville?? Was it a positive one??? I doubt it. I went to this SCUMBAG dealer today and BOY oh BOY what an incompetent IDIOT with no knowledge of vehicles at all, and least Volvos!!! Impossible that this clown has been selling them and Saabs for many years. There is not even a mechanic in sight, no tools, no lift, no occupational license, permits and not even a public bathroom!!!! STAY AWAY from this dealer by all means!

A surprised Volvo Enthusiast