Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sunroof stuck open

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Sunroof stuck open

Help
My 2001 S60 sunroof open just a crack and the operating switch does not respond. The fuse is ok. Any sugestion? Thanks for your assistance

Old 06-16-2009, 06:47 PM

Pull off the panel over the button and look for the motor. That motor should have a slot for a screw driver that you can close the roof. As for the power fault yes there might be an issue with the alarm. The cars needs to be tested for faults and power to the fused for the sun roof.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:39 PM

Have you experienced any problem with the alarm, like it going off for no reason in the middle of the night? Do you have the "alarm system service required" message showing in the info panel?

Old 02-24-2010, 11:49 AM

i am experiencing very similar problems. my 2001 s60 has the alarm system service required message, and the sunroof hasn't been working for a while. It has always been shut close, and today without touching it it is open about 1/2-3/4 inches in the back

Old 02-24-2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by giant91
i am experiencing very similar problems. my 2001 s60 has the alarm system service required message, and the sunroof hasn't been working for a while. It has always been shut close, and today without touching it it is open about 1/2-3/4 inches in the back
You probably need a new siren module. See: http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...p?f=11&t=17479

Old 02-25-2010, 10:09 AM

that job looks a bit too dangerous and i don't think i'm gonna risk it, i am unfortunately going to have to take this sucker to the dealer. good thing its raining out too, thank you for your help vegasjetskiier

Old 02-26-2010, 12:24 PM

$455 later and the sunroof works, alarm system service required message is gone

Old 08-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Default Closing Sunroof

Greetings to those with this issue, siren module bad and cannot close roof.

Disconnect the battery negative lead: open the trunk and lift up the back edge of the trunk bottom. Use a wrench to loosen the bolt and remove the two nuts retaining the metal battery holddown bridge

Slide the bridge slightly to the passenger's side of the car to free it from the bolt and then lift it out. Lift out the plastic battery cover:

Use a wrench to loosen the nut holding the negative lead to the battery then pull the lead off the battery post

Wait at least 5 minutes.

Loosen the lug bolts on the passenger's side front wheel. Chock the wheels on the driver's side of the car, then jack up the passenger's side and remove the front wheel.

Drill out the aluminum rivets holding the fender liner to the fender:

These two rivets are toward the top front of the fender well. Look up to see them

Remove the 10mm nuts holding the metal reinforcement plate to the inside of the wheelwell and remove the plate

Pull the fender liner loose from the edge of the fender and roll it to the inside of the wheelwell. Use the spring clamp to hold it out of the way. I clamped it to the brake caliper

If you now look up into the front part of the wheelwell you will see the siren module inside its mounting bracket

Use a screwdriver to depress the locking tab on the connector, then slide the connector out to the rear

If you now look up into the front part of the wheelwell you will see the siren module inside its mounting bracket

Then I connected the used siren module, connected the battery waited carefully for a moment then proceeded to reset locks ( 5 locking motions, 5 unlock motions)

Closed my sunroof ( Whew.. happy)

Disconnected battery, disconnected the good siren module--reconnected to bad siren module. Then reconnected battery. All is fine.

Thanks to all before me, who provided steps, pictures and ETC.

Old 08-24-2023, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by vegasjetskier
You probably need a new siren module. See: http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...p?f=11&t=17479
my 2002 s60 is having the same problems snd has the whole two years I’ve had it uhgg my sunroof works sometimes then sometimes not. Most of the time it is completely stuck open and I can’t get it shut. When my “alarm” goes off 😒😒my lights only flash, no alarm sound.
I literally JUST had to pay around $1,200 for a new battery, pay for it to be serviced and A WHOLE NEW DASH CLUSTER…I didn’t even know wtf a “dash cluster” was until this crap happened. Then after I get the new dash cluster, we’ll actually sent out the original to be serviced and returned to me. And ever since I the new cluster has been in my car when I use a FM transmitter plugged into the cigarette lighter to then connect my phone through Bluetooth and then listen to music that way..well there is a high pitched ringing in the background no matter what station I turn the transmitter to… I’m like so over this car stuff. Can anyone help me with the damn sunroof OR the transmitter problem? I could care less about the alarm issue right now. Thanks guys.