Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

trunk lid won't open, dashes on clock

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trunk lid won't open, dashes on clock

The trunk lid on our S60 won't open and the clock has turned to all dashes. Any suggestions? We are using the proper key and the valet lock appears to be off.

Old 09-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: trunk lid won't open, dashes on clock

Which ways have you tried to open it? Have you tried the over ride by removing the plastic cover in the trunk and manually using the key to open it. Is there any thing else that doesnt work either? These cars work on many diffrent circuits.Is the car still under warrenty?Also sounds like your battery may have either been dead or replaced lately.Check your sunroof and see if it works if not lock and unlock car with remote first then with the key and try the trunk again.If the battery was replaced the car needs to be reset by locking and unlocking.

Old 09-27-2004, 05:01 PM

We did not change anything on the car. My son opened the trunk and put in his golf clubs, when he got the course the trunk would not open using the handle. I had to explain to him how to open it with the key. Every thing else seems to be working. The car is scheduled to go in to have a 02 sensor replpaced, I can have them look at the trunk at that time. I just didn't want to look like an idiot if it is a simple fix.

Old 09-27-2004, 07:04 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

It is most likely a fault in one the the control modules.Maybe software might fix it or they will have to replace something.Let me know how you make out after you have it fixed.

Old 12-08-2004, 04:39 PM

I have had a similiar problem and the car in at the dealership now... This has happened twice. We drove the car, got out of it. locked the doors with the remote. Returned to the car, and tried to unlock the doors with the remote and it did not work. So, I used the key.

The car would not start. It had no electricity at all. Door light, radio, instruments, etc. were all dead. Called road side assistance, and they asked me to try the car again. It started. Radios stations were fine, but the clock was dashes. Again, it has happened twice and both times, it started just before road side assistance dispatched a tow truck.

The dealership has had the car for 2 days now. No word on any resolution yet. It is a 2003 S60 T5 with 21,000 miles.

If I get any resolution from the dealership, I'll feed it back to this forum.

S60 T5 Tex

Old 12-16-2004, 03:09 PM

finally got my T5 back from the dealer. They said the only thing they could find was a battery cable that needed to be replaced. They replaced it. I don't know how much of it was replaced. I know the battery is in the trunk. They said that the connections were loose and when I got my bags out of the trunk and closed it, it lost connection..... may have been your problem also since you were getting clubs out of the trunk.