Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Volvo Virgin Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volvo Virgin Here!!!

Okay, I have had my 2014 Volvo S60 for a month now!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my car!!! BUT there are a lot of things going on that I am not sure about. This was technically a USED car. It had 2,000 miles on it when I bought it so I am not sure if someone bought it, drove the hell out of it and then turned it in or what. I guess I don't understand it as I have never driven a car for 2000 miles and gotten rid of it, but I have had my fair share of cars and I have had over 15 if not more being the age of 36. Anywhoo, I downloaded a ton of music to a USB for an 8 hour trip home to Dallas. Well, some if not most of the songs say Un-readable..... well, this USB worked just fine in the 2013 Buick I was driving, and every single song worked!! Is there a certain format?!?! I hate this as I will not officially have to carry a ton of CDs in the car to be able to listen to all of the music I love. There is also something weird that happens to my break pedal everytime I start the car in the morning or evening when I leave home and there is also a very mechanical sound that happens around the same time. I was thinking it was "safety" precautions.... but since we are literally Volvo virgins.... I don't know what to think or do as I haven't had this many issues with a "new / used" car ever!!

Old 05-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Administrator
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
If you get the brake noise when you first start out at 10-20 MPH and that's the only time it happens you might be noticing the ABS self check. It should be outlined somewhere in the owners manual.

V50 Brakes : - Noise from ABS - Volvo Owners Club Forum

If it doesn't seem to be what they are talking about in the thread try to post a bit more info on what "something weird that happens to my break pedal" is that is more descriptive to us understanding what you are feeling.