Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo S70
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-29-2009, 06:53 PM

Default Help: Disarming S70 Alarm

Hey Volvo Fans,
We've got a 1999 S70 that appears to have a factory alarm: there's a keyless entry fob that says Volvo on the reverse side, and a blinking red light on the steering console. I'm now down to 1 fob, that one isn't in the best condition, and they cost $125 to replace. Is there a means for disarming the alarm system without disabling the car?

Thanks for your insightful responses,
Chris
Old 05-30-2009, 06:23 AM
Administrator

The alarm also works using the key in the door.
1994 N/A 5-speed wagon Purple (daughters)
Old 05-30-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerc View Post
Hey Volvo Fans,
We've got a 1999 S70 that appears to have a factory alarm: there's a keyless entry fob that says Volvo on the reverse side, and a blinking red light on the steering console. I'm now down to 1 fob, that one isn't in the best condition, and they cost $125 to replace. Is there a means for disarming the alarm system without disabling the car?

Thanks for your insightful responses,
Chris
Alarm disarms with unlock feature. Key or fob sends a double pulse to unlock the vehicle. First pulse disarms, second pulse unlocks the motors.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:43 PM
1999 Volvo S70

Send a message via AIM to s70_t5_1999

if the fob works, there shouldn't be any problem with just keeping that one. i have two but i only ever use one. if the case is cracked, look on ipd, they have a new case (without the buttons) for around 25-30 dollars. if you do happen to lose the fob, using the key in the door handle will arm/disarm the alarm system as well as unlock all of the doors.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:20 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't explain my dilemma clearly enough: I want to completely uninstall the factory alarm system, I don't want it. Using just the key does not disarm the alarm (I just double checked: it neither disarms it when it's unlocked, nor does it disarm it when it's armed), I've only got 1 fob, it is falling into dangerous disrepair, and there are 2 of us that use the car. It would simply be more convenient to not have the alarm.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Administrator

You would have to get relays and change them or have the Dealer disable the alarm.

The key should arm and disarm when you lock and unlock the car. If it does not then the door latch assembly might be bad as well.
1994 N/A 5-speed wagon Purple (daughters)
Old 06-03-2009, 07:06 PM

Tags
2000, 2004, alarm, car, disable, disarm, disarming, door, double, factory, key, latch, pulse, s60, s70, turn, volvo