Go Back   Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum > Volvo Vehicles > Volvo S80
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Volvo Forums!
Welcome to Volvo Forums,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Volvo Forums today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2011, 10:54 AM

Default position bulb warning

I know there have been some posts about this, but thought I'd check again. Yellow triangle warning light comes on intermittently and display reads position bulb failure.I understand the position bulbs are the ones in the bumper on the 02 s80 t6, but they seem to work, as do the license plate bulbs and the others. Pried them out, banged on them, still getting the message. Is there any way to sdetermine which one is triggering the warning. Thanks
Old 07-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Intermittent failure. Sometimes they wont come on even though they aren't blown. Get some bulb grease and pull all the bulbs and grease them. Should do away with most warnings, unless the bulb really is blown.

2007 Mercedes C230 Sport Mars Red
2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT
2003 Saab 9-3
1996 Chevy Tahoe
2000 Ranger R83 Bass Boat
Old 07-28-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jks2 View Post
Intermittent failure. Sometimes they wont come on even though they aren't blown. Get some bulb grease and pull all the bulbs and grease them. Should do away with most warnings, unless the bulb really is blown.
Yup...it happen to me recently...after you greased them all...the warning indicator does not appear again...thanks for the kind input :-)
Old 08-01-2011, 01:49 PM

Default which bulbs

Thanks guys, this is a great forum. I pulled and greased the bulbs in the front side bumper, the ones in the protruding globe just in front of the front doors and the license plate bulbs. Any others I should do?
Old 08-03-2011, 10:12 AM

Default still getting warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue02 View Post
Thanks guys, this is a great forum. I pulled and greased the bulbs in the front side bumper, the ones in the protruding globe just in front of the front doors and the license plate bulbs. Any others I should do?

are there other bulbs that could trigger this? Thanks
Old 08-03-2011, 12:30 PM
2001 Volvo S60

It's been a while since I last had that message on my S60, but I thought the position bulb was the tail light (part of the running lights).
Old 09-05-2011, 10:11 AM

Which is the positional light in the S60
Old 09-05-2011, 12:28 PM

"Position bulb" lights are on the rear tail lights, I'm not sure how many there are in the S60, but there are two on each side in the S80.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:22 AM

Default these are the ones I replaced-

warning ceased
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-01-16_173611_volvo_s80_t-light_2002.jpg (18.9 KB, 20 views)
Old 09-08-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue02 View Post
warning ceased
Interesting, I didn't know on the older S80's the brake bulb was on top, in the '05/'06 S80, the LED brake lights are under the reverse lights and the Position Bulb/Running Lights and Rear Fog Light (driver side only) are above the reverse lights.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:48 PM

Tags
2000, bulb, bulbs, diffused, good, light, position, s60, s80, tail, triangle, volvo, warning, warnings, wont, work, yellow