Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

S80, Diagnostic Software

Old 07-08-2014, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you call the number I posted they could answer any questions you have. There is only one i906. Regardless of button layout, an i906 is an i906. Would be very confusing if a company released two items with the same model number that did different things... wouldn't it?

Old 07-09-2014, 07:16 AM
Default iCarsoft EMailed the answer....

========
About i906, the one with just the 4-arrows, Esc & OK is the new version on sale now.
We didn't put a CD to go with it. So there is no CD in the box.
The one with yellow HELP button is the old version and production has stopped.

I'm afraid our i906 Volvo scanner doesn't have VIDA/DICE capability.
It's a DIY code reader mainly for reading and clearing fault codes and reading datastream.

So when you purchase, pls choose the one with the 4-arrows, Esc & OK .

Thank you for your support to iCarsoft.
Have a nice day.
===========

Old 07-10-2014, 01:10 PM

Regardless of all that, its well worth the money. The dealer wanted 110 just to read the codes. This thing costs under 100 and ive used it several dozen times. Just order the damn thing! They put out an update since I purchased it so that it can also be used as a generic OBD scanner for all other OBD-II vehicles. ORDER IT!!

Old 07-18-2015, 04:12 PM
Default 05 s80

I came across this scanner package it's a 2014D Volvo vida dice.. It looks legit but finding a computer that has windows 7 is a task of it's own.. Im wondering if it's still a better deal and what can it really do

Attached Files
Old 03-01-2016, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cade_27
I came across this scanner package it's a 2014D Volvo vida dice.. It looks legit but finding a computer that has windows 7 is a task of it's own.. Im wondering if it's still a better deal and what can it really do
Any news on this? I am also looking at getting this package from various sellers on ebay.

Does anyone have advice or experiences they can share? Thanks.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by andrei3333
yeas i now figured it out, this program is very very thorough with lots of diagrams...some of the removal and replacement instructions are kinda basic, but i guess they expect the tech to know how to remove these things already and dont provide a step by step instruction... or maybe there is an instruction in another or appropriate section of the guide

For the fuel filter they tell you to drain the fuel system with a machine, but i dont have that machine so i think i will just try to undo the hoses and spill some gas on myself...
thats what I did with a little coffee can and I had no problems.... took 30 seconds tops

Old 03-24-2016, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by npmgeorge
========
About i906, the one with just the 4-arrows, Esc & OK is the new version on sale now.
We didn't put a CD to go with it. So there is no CD in the box.
The one with yellow HELP button is the old version and production has stopped.

I'm afraid our i906 Volvo scanner doesn't have VIDA/DICE capability.
It's a DIY code reader mainly for reading and clearing fault codes and reading datastream.

So when you purchase, pls choose the one with the 4-arrows, Esc & OK .

Thank you for your support to iCarsoft.
Have a nice day.
===========
Where online is my best bet to buy one.... I do not like to use ebay at all and only use amazon if I have to... but these are the only sights that ive found with good prices.... honestly I would like to order directly from icarsoft

Old 03-29-2016, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by volvos80319
Where online is my best bet to buy one.... I do not like to use ebay at all and only use amazon if I have to... but these are the only sights that ive found with good prices.... honestly I would like to order directly from icarsoft
For what it's worth I bought from ebay and used this guy:

2014D HQ Volvo Vida Dice Diagnostics Green PCB Ships from Europe | eBay

It arrived quickly and works well.

Old 05-03-2016, 01:54 PM

Wow Im glad I found this old thread. Sorry to bring it up but its been a while since many of these posts were put up.
Links are dead now etc.

Anyways to fully diagnose my car id like to get Vida and something to run it so I can do what the stealership charges me to do. Whats the best tool/cord?
Can I run Vida on a laptop with a standard obd cord?

Old 05-03-2016, 03:51 PM
Default Update!!!!

I found something that kinda made my day.... for some reason walmart has icarsoft stuff on their sight and I found the 906i on it (volvo saab scanner that reads and clears chasis srs and cel codes and reads live data and other things I didnt care about when looking) 92 bucks sounds good to me lol

Old 05-03-2016, 04:35 PM

I found something that kinda made my day.... for some reason walmart has icarsoft stuff on their sight and I found the 906i on it (volvo saab scanner that reads and clears chasis srs and cel codes and reads live data and other things I didnt care about when looking) 92 bucks sounds good to me lol

WOW! I'm going to check that out nice. -edit add: ooh they have some on ebay, are you Canada or USA? They're $165cad and up on ebay

So ok guys I'm in Canada, I saw a nice looking DICE VIDA system on ebay.
They have knock offs too for half the price, anyone have experience with these? Would it work? should I just avoid it?

$100 cad for a knockoff dice vida, and $200+ for a legit looking one. Volvo stickers and professional looking on the legit one, is there a difference between the DICE and VIDA and the icarsoft 906i?
Some of the Dice Vida systems, that look exactly as the $200 legit looking ones are going for $1000+....

I read up on the 906i, it does seem versatile. But as an over all tool for more than just clearing codes (I know the 906i does more than clear codes) Dice with Vida is probably the best hands down?
For the one that's $200 and looks legit, there's one that looks the exact same for $1,200 so I don't know...

Everywere I read says the dice is $3,000+ easy and Vida needs a supscription. But I can use Vida without paying and I lose only software updates?
Then does that make it 100% same as thst I car soft scanner?

Last edited by DonVanhugenstein; 05-03-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:51 PM

So looking into the diagnostic tools available I think any DICE tool for less than $1000 is a knock off, probably any one on Ebay is.
Anyways on top of that for the full functionality of it like software updates I have to pay for Vida.

So I think I'm going with icarsoft, probably the i906 since its for Volvo/Saab but what about these little Bluetooth icarsoft dongles that use the Torque app on cell phones. They also have pc versions of software that ship with the dongle too.
Would it give me all the same functionality of the i906? maybe I should message them myself :P

Anyone else know of a good Volvo scanner besides icarsoft? Or anyone try the knock off dice vida scanners?

Old 05-04-2016, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by DonVanhugenstein
WOW! I'm going to check that out nice. -edit add: ooh they have some on ebay, are you Canada or USA? They're $165cad and up on ebay

So ok guys I'm in Canada, I saw a nice looking DICE VIDA system on ebay.
They have knock offs too for half the price, anyone have experience with these? Would it work? should I just avoid it?

$100 cad for a knockoff dice vida, and $200+ for a legit looking one. Volvo stickers and professional looking on the legit one, is there a difference between the DICE and VIDA and the icarsoft 906i?
Some of the Dice Vida systems, that look exactly as the $200 legit looking ones are going for $1000+....

I read up on the 906i, it does seem versatile. But as an over all tool for more than just clearing codes (I know the 906i does more than clear codes) Dice with Vida is probably the best hands down?
For the one that's $200 and looks legit, there's one that looks the exact same for $1,200 so I don't know...

Everywere I read says the dice is $3,000+ easy and Vida needs a supscription. But I can use Vida without paying and I lose only software updates?
Then does that make it 100% same as thst I car soft scanner?
Im USA and again its 92 bucks.... I dont want to screw around with other devices all the time... I just need something that reads and clears all codes along with giving me live data... Mine is old anyhow so ill skip the software updates..... If I do anything like that Id go thru ARD tuning or Ipd but ARD has better prices

Old 05-05-2016, 01:33 PM

Im USA and again its 92 bucks.... I dont want to screw around with other devices all the time... I just need something that reads and clears all codes along with giving me live data... Mine is old anyhow so ill skip the software updates..... If I do anything like that Id go thru ARD tuning or Ipd but ARD has better prices
So for live data readouts. And FULL diagnostic code pull and clear it works? Because I was told ONLY dice vida can pull and clear absolutely everything.
Like the SRS Airbag code is supposed to only be doable by a dealership/shop with dice vida.

I need to be able to see all the codes, and clear everything. Including service required messages, all that stuff that volvo don't want you to do.

What do I lose with a icarsoft i906 for Volvo/Saab vs Dice+Vida? Do I only lose the ability to do software updates basically?

Last edited by DonVanhugenstein; 05-05-2016 at 03:09 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by DonVanhugenstein
So for live data readouts. And FULL diagnostic code pull and clear it works? Because I was told ONLY dice vida can pull and clear absolutely everything.
Like the SRS Airbag code is supposed to only be doable by a dealership/shop with dice vida.

I need to be able to see all the codes, and clear everything. Including service required messages, all that stuff that volvo don't want you to do.

What do I lose with a icarsoft i906 for Volvo/Saab vs Dice+Vida? Do I only lose the ability to do software updates basically?
It will read all codes and view live data but no software update thru it

Old 08-08-2016, 03:31 AM

icarsoft i906 the software update instructions for this are not clear. The book is not true to form but the video on icarsoft's support page is quick and accurate. Follow that. Basic code reader with limited data, but it does talk to most systems on my wife's 2000 S80 after updating the scanner online. For that price, i would go for VIDA DICE.

Volvo VIDA- firmware never update, software update via buying a new version CD.
VIDA has more capacities.

Old 09-21-2016, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by GaretJax
For what it's worth I bought from ebay and used this guy:

2014D HQ Volvo Vida Dice Diagnostics Green PCB Ships from Europe | eBay

It arrived quickly and works well.
This guy was sold out, so I rolled the dice (pun intended) on this knock off one.

Volvo Vida Dice 2014D OBD2 EOBD Auto Car Vehicle Diagnostic Scanner Tool New | eBay

Old 10-07-2018, 01:44 AM
T_I

It's an old thread, but a sticky, so I guess it's still valid to reply to.

I was wondering, does anybody have any experiences with the versions offered from China? I just got an '03 S80 (have it 2 weeks now) and I'd like to be able to diagnose my car myself. (and when possible with Vida update software for replaced parts/reset limp-home when I mess something up)

Old 12-15-2018, 06:34 PM

I bought one from Ebay, works fine with the vida software.

Dice unit
The lowest price I now see is $65.00. Keeping an eye on ebay, I found mine for $37.25.

I also bought another diagnostic tool

(2013 Diagnostic Tool Scanner Kit VCI D) for my brothers 2005 Mercedes e320, but it didn't work out so well with his car. Tried it on my 2003 s80 and it works nearly as well as the dice unit. I paid about same for it.

Update: I did get it working on my brothers 2005 E320!
Installed software for the Mercedes is "Delphi Cars 2014.R2", on the same windows 7 64 bit laptop that I am using for my Volvo S80, Vida 2014D software.
Instructions for Delphi: https://obd2supplier.blogspot.com/20...iagnostic.html
Before installing either softwares, it helps to make sure your computers are up to date with drivers and such, but the USB drivers and other required software will usually come with the bundled package. Haven't tried it yet, but here is a link for Delphi 2015.1.:https://mega.nz/#!P8EzUSRI!5UBjHkDq3...hY2Uqh7Vmvyz8Q
Check around on the net, you should be able to find a working copy of either Vida or Delphi with included instructions. Have fun!!

Last edited by nars735; 08-14-2019 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 12-19-2018, 06:01 AM
T_I

Thanks, I already got one and it works great. Indeed a tad more expensive then the one you had, but still cheaper then driving to the garage for a simple reset.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S80, Diagnostic Software